Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo Meet & Greet, Roll Call & Questions?

Irie Guy

Hey folks with the festival coming up on us rapidly should there be some sort of gathering of Canadian freaks.

My Wife & I have been out of the loop for a few years since moving to Sauble, after having been regulars for years at Fatties shows, and have no hope in hell of getting to any other events this summer due to the store commitments. It would be interesting to meet up with some fine Canadian friends in the South. Perhaps the Bonnaroo experienced can suggest something.

When is everyone arriving?? We are heading out Wednesday night once the inlaws arrive to take care of the dogs. We are probably gonna drive most of the night to arrive Thursday before noon.

We will be crossing in Port Huron and are wondering if its best to avoid Detroit take I-69 through to I-65 in Indianapolis then south to Nashville and then come in on I-24 from the North or is it best to go through Detroit following I-75 the whole way down to Chatanooga and come up on I-24 from the South?? Any help appreciated here.

Our last Road Trip was to Vegas and then home through Red Rocks for Panic in 00. it's been a long time and I am definitely getting hyped to hit the road again.

Cheers Peace & Panic,

Matt

We're heading out on the Wed. too and driving straight down through Detroit. Not sure what the best route is, but my trip tick should be ready from CAA on Thursday. Remind me and I'll tell you what they think, we got hit pretty bad with construction near Detroit last year, so its good to have CAA deal with that stuff...

As for meeting up... name it.

If you have intentions of camping with a Canadian group then you'll want to pick a spot a ways from Manchester. Once you hit Manchester its tight.

I think we're likely shooting to be there between 8 and 11 Thursday morning...

Peace

hey hempopotamus,

you picked the right festival to make a come back.

3 simple tips:

get in, set up, rock out!

we are staying the night of the 11th at the ramada in exit 114 off I24 . a bunch of us will be waken baken early morning of the 12th and just goin. they say the gates open at 8am and i suggest getting there about 755a. last year the gates opened as soon a traffic started to build. stop by if you make it down there in time, we all drove in together last year and it helped because we had a much larger area to set up shop on. [big Grin][big Grin]

Hey there

For anyone going down a bit earlier. Me and my gang will be down there on the Tuesday. We wanna go see the Jack Daniels Distillery which is like 15 mins away. We are staying at the super 8 in manchester. We will be flying the maple leaf on the car, by the pool, on the door to the room. If you wanna come chill everyone is welcome. I can't wait to get down there [big Grin] . Anyway see all of the rest of you crazy canucks there.

Yes that was us,

Our plates read WSP FAN they used to be on our Aerostar but now you will find them on our wagon. I was starting to figure that I should come across people again. As i mentioned we have been out of the loop for way too long. Work has taken too much away from pleasure in the last while.

As such I have been out of the trading loop too. Anybody interested in doing a good size trade at the Roo. My list is a little dated but maybe there are some nuggets there for the right person. I'd love to set up a 10 to 25 disc trade just to get some new music flowing my way. Would like to get some TAB, Galactic, Jack Johnson or any reccomended Canadian bands. We can meet face to face down south and each have new music to listen to on the way home.

My list here http://db.etree.org/wspfan

Hey shainhouse,

From the I-40 did you follow I-75 down to Chatanooga and the up on the I-24 to Manchester or did you take a secondary road down from I-40 to Manchester. Inquiring minds want to know. Crossing in Buffalo is not an easy option for me.

thanks

We crossed Detroit about 10pm on wed. last year and drove straight down the easy way and didn't have any traffic problems until we were off the highway and in the line up for the only entrance.

We did have a pretty major construction problem in outside of Detroit, but that was it.

And this year they are going to have more booths at the entrance and they're making another entrance too, so I'm hoping that means it won't be too bad...

The way out was the really killer part last year...

look for a volkswagen two-car caravan (black jetta with stealie and ph stickers and a grey passat) , probably crossing at buffalo around midnight or 1 am on the wednesday night. ontario plates. i'll be driving the jetta from toronto on. just don't hit me.

BONNAROO!!!

ad

Hey. I'm heading down in a two car convoy from Toronto and from ym experience last year, DO NOT hit up the festival from 75 in Nashville. Instead, cross in Buffalo, hit up the 90 to Erie, down the 79 through Virginia and then the 40 through Tennessee. Hit up Manchester from the other side and you AVOID the 14 hour wait. I waited for 2 hours last year, it was perfect.

I will have a big Canadian flag and will be setting up CAMP CANADA so contact me at 416-616-1471 and we'll hook up. peace-

Seems like the best bet is get down to Chatanooga via I-75, for those coming through W. Virginia on I-40 West I-75 and I-40 meet in Knoxville and then probably 5-10 mins W of Knoxville I-75 Heads South again to Chatanooga.

In Chatanooga jump on the I-24 W to approach Manchester from the opposite direction from where all the traffic problems were.

Let's get this Camp Canada thing happening. As mentioned we'll be driving a Burgundy Mercury/Ford Wagon with the WSP FAN Vanity with a big Ugly Storage Bin on the roof.

Matt

He He,

We have already made it into 1 Panic DVD. For anyone with The Earth Will Swallow You in the opening scenes from Red Rocks you will noticing a Canadian Flag flying high, that's Us!!! That part of the film is sped up but if you slow it right down I can see my van pull in and we get out put or flag up and hang out. Let's get Camp Canada in Bonnaroo 03 DVD!!!

Someone should come up with a place to meet an hour away and tiem Thursday or something... no idea how to figure that out myself... but I'd like to hook up!!

But does it really make sense to come from the East? It says here that a lot more folks will be coming from the East no? (always wanted to fit the "it says here" thing in from the sports editorials...)

I asked on Spreadnet and all of the responses that I got said to come in from the East, Chatanooga, travelling westbound on I-24. I beleive all the traffic tie-ups last year were coming out of Nashville to the West travelling East. Rereading the sheet from Superfly that came with the tickets it seems to me that coming in from the East there is direct access to the site.

Although I've never personally met any of ya, I would feel more comfort camping with a bunch of Skanks keeping an eye on each others gear and the like. For those in the know once you went through the gates last year how did you decide where to camp, was it a free for all, camp where you like or were you told where to go which would mean staggered arrivals would make close camping less likely.

I know how to keep Camp Canada together. Tell them that we are a bunch of Mad Cow, West Nile carrying SARS mad bunch o Northern Lumberjacks!!!!

Last year it was hard to do your own thing. You camped where they wanted you too... If you don't go in right in a row with the whole caravan then you won't be camping together.

In fact, last year they even tried to split up our caravan by sending us to different ticket stations. Make sure you've got experience at the wheel.

Are you leaving Wed. night?

Maybe I'll start another topic for those of us that want to hook up between Wed. night and Thurs. morning to try and work something out?

Based on last years set up, it is best to go left when you pass through the ticket both stations. They tried to send us right but we where told to meet friends to the left. We managed to get to the left and it was way closer to the stages. If we had gone to the right it would have been an extra 10 minutes of walking to get to Centeroo. Other than that, we where sent in single file and told where to park and had to scramble to get places to set up camp. Best to be prepared. Have tents packed on top with flashlights ready. Even if you get to Manchester during the day, you could be setting up at night.

There is no way to save spots. We tried last year and they got downright irate with us. It will not happen. It's all good. If we have a couple of Canadian camps, there will be more spots for us to hang out and it'll look like there are more Canadians there!

Archived