Jambands.ca

Disney's Finding Nemo is...

Jaimoe

... an instant classic!

I saw it last night and I can't recommend it highly enough. Albert Brooks is frantically funny as Nemo's Clownfish father: Marlin. Ellen Degeneres turns in a hilarious performance as Dory, a somewhat forgetful bluefish. Other notable voices include Barry " Dame Edna " Humphries as Bruce, the Great White Shark ( very funny scenes ); Willem Dafoe as Gill; Geoffrey Rush as Nigel the pelican; and John " Cliff Claven " Ratzenberger as the Fish School.

There's plenty of jokes for adults as well as kids - actually, I think it's funnier for the adults, especially when poking fun at American pop culture and Australians: Bruce the Great White Shark is Australian - of course his name is Bruce and he's Australian.

Anyway, go see this film. I liked it better than Shrek ( which I loved ); Nemo is more majestic and has an epic feel to it, in the tradition of older Disney classics. Well done Disney! Now if only Disney's Ducks could take 4 straight from the Devils.

Hey Chewie,

Warning: Some very young kids last night were scared during some scenes. How hip is your 3-year old ( probably pretty hip I bet )?

Some parents had to take their young children out of the theatre when Bruce the Great White Shark appeared for his scenes. There are many intense scenes throughout the film - I guess that's one reason why I liked it so much. Plus, the movie has deep emotional themes and story-lines: the father-son relationship brought tears to my eyes; I'm not kidding.

Right on! I was lucky enough to see a preview a few weeks ago 'cus a buddy of mine works for Disney, and I thought it was a riot! Ellen and Brooks are pure casting genius, and the story has a real heart and real laughs. Definitely more than a kids movie, although the kids will absolutely love it too.

BTW, I'd agree with B & Z that there are a couple of parts that might be a bit scary for really little kids - hell, there was one crazy scene where they're in a dark part of the ocean that scared me! [Razz] But if you think they can handle it, take them for sure!

Peace,

Mr. M.

Great Flick, I saw this last night as well, I recommend going to the latest show possible so as to miss all the young'ins. Instant Classic.

peaceinjam.jamesd.

I also just watched "standing in the shadows of Motown" this is a must see for everyone on this board who hasn't already seen it.

Archived