Jambands.ca

Flaming Lips, Yonder Mountain @ moe.down

jamchickcanada

This looks like the best it is going to be a blast

from Billboard

'moe.down' Drafts Flaming Lips

Jam band moe. has added the Flaming Lips to the bill for its fourth annual moe.down festival. Slated for Aug. 29-31 at the Snow Ridge Ski area in Turin, N.Y., the event will also feature Rusted Root and the Yonder Mountain String Band on the main stage and more bands yet to be announced.

Along with six sets by moe., attendees can also look forward to performances by moe. side projects Al & the Transamericans and Swamp Donkey. The former is frontman Al Schnier's country-leaning group, while the latter is a group organized by bassist Rob Derhak.

The event's second stage will boast Nero, Penny Joe Pullis, Om Trio, Jimmy Swift Band, Marlow, Guy Malone, Truffle Bluff, and Lynch. Tickets for moe.down are on sale online through moe.ticketing (which can be accessed through the band's official Web site) and Ticketmaster.

early bird tickets are $75 until June 1st. you can get them at

https://mtseccom3.mtsecurecommerce.com/ShowListSB.asp?AType =P&TheID=36

for the Log In

user name is moe.rons

Password is Unite

This festival is only 5 1/2 hrs form toronto

2 hrs from kingston

Fo the price and location and NERO This will be the best one yet.

I'm a huge Flaming Lips fan-i have all the albums. Dave Fridmann(the producer/multi-instrumentalist) that did this album is a personal hero of mine, his work is extraordinary.

By all means check out the previous releases!!

Also, I wholly recommend checking out Mercury Rev if you haven't done so, these 2 bands and Fridmann go way back, all of their work together is spectacular!!

Love 'em. Saw the tour with beck back in October and it was incredible. Also saw them back in '94 when they were on 2nd stage at Lollapallooza. They've come a long way!

Yoshimi, Clouds Taste metallic and Transmissions From the Sattelite Heart are all superb pop albums.

Yonder is one of my favs right now also. Seen them 3 times and they blow me away everytime. Fast ass bluegrass, crazy stuff. They do covers of 20 eyes by the misfits and a great version of Crazy Train, moe.down looks like its going to giver this summer!

Archived