Jambands.ca

Star sightings in T.O. this summer

Cully

Kind of hard to miss Reg. It was funny but Polkaroo went up to him at Hillside pretending to be a fan (he hates the guy) and asked for his autograph for his friend Andy. Priceless. He got the autograph on a ripped up pack of bubblegum.

hehe that would've been good to see! i'm not a fan either i must say. i'm also not a hidden cameras fan, and i was surprised by the huuuuuge crowd that packed the tent for their set at hillside. maybe the most pumped up crowd of the weekend as far as side stages go!

reg_tie.jpg

Last night I went over to a buddies condo for dinner (Blue Jays Way and Front) and ran into the lead singer of Coldplay (I don't know his name) chillin outside of a swank restaurant smoking a butt.

Turns out "swank restaurant" was Sen5es at the SoHo... my bro-in-law's been serving Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow all week.

I initially thought that working backstage at bluesfest would leave me starstruck, but it gets monotonous and moreso gets disappointing when you find out what assholes some of these musicians are. Chris Isaak was the nicest and that was probably the best experience so far..only because he was a normal human being and I like his music.

My favorite celebrity moment was meeting Joni Mitchell a few years ago during NXNE. I thought I was going to pass out but I played it cool and bought her a glass of house red at Chicago's...best received "thank you" of my life.

Not from toronto, but i thought would be of interest.

Last night, The Spades did a show at a club in Regina. Seems one of the folks shakin'it up on the dance floor all night was John Corbett. Some may recall John as the fiance (Ian) in My Big Fat Greek Wedding or as the DJ (Chris) in Northern Exposure or as Aidan Shaw in Sex in the City.

john-corbett-as-chris-stevens.jpg

John Corbett as Chris Stevens in Northern Exposure

Interesting thing is after the show and a few beers, John and the boys got talking and it seems John has a band of his own. Wants the boys to come to California and play a few shows with them. Don't know about anyone else, but I'd be calling him up come next jan or feb.

I saw an article a few months ago where John Corbett said he wasn't going to do any acting anymore--he was going to concentrate on saving the world through his music.

yeah based on his converstaion with the boys after the show that still seems to be his intent.....a noble one indeed.

I'm not much of a movie-goer or TV-watcher so a lot of his resume didn't register with me, but Mrs. J seemed excited. Said she really liked him as the DJ in Northern Exposure.

CAUGHT! This Saturday in Toronto:

- Saturday AM at Ronnie's in Kensington Market.. Ate breaky beside The Constantines on the patio. Later on, I looked in Now Mag and noticed they were opening for Foo Fighters that night at the Ampitheatre.

- Saturday afternoon, saw Ford Pier wandering around at the Harbourfront Centre checking out Luke Doucet.

- Also, Sunday in Kensington I think I might've seen Jim Cuddy walking around, but I'm not sure if it was him.