Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go

kam

I figured if there was a Leafs (gag, choke) thread going then there had to be a thread for the greatest team in all of sports :)

Hopefully the Canadiens will dump that china doll Koivu while they can and free up some money for one or more of the many players becoming available in the next few weeks.

GO HABS GO!!!

kam

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Patrice Brisebois and Jason Ward gone so far from the line-up thanks to the new league economics. Both are still eligible to resign at a lower price with the team.

p1863876dt.jpg

I would have let Ward go as well. That was too long to wait for nothing and too much to pay.

Getting back to Koivu, I do understand the health concerns since he has never been one get through entire seasons, but hotdamn if they get rid of him. He inspires team-mates and that does not show in the stats. There are fewer and fewer players like him in professional sports.

Holy fuck, do the Leafs ever suck.

Guest Low Roller

Statistics show that being promoted to captain for the Habs is one step away from being shown the front door. Examples: Vincent Damphousse, Kirk Muller, Chris Chelios, Denis Savard, Guy Carbonneau, Bobby Smith (he was captain for a game or two while Gainey and Robinson were injured; he was summarily traded to the North Stars).

Koivu is lucky he's lasted this long.

I'm kidding. I love the Habs. (and I hate the Leafs, but don't tell Andrea....)

The Habs lost another and the season hasn't started yet! The Blackhawks just signed Adrian Aucoin.

Mtl might want to think about signing some players this year. Their current roster:

Craig Rivet $2.66 million

Radek Bonk $2.394 million

Sheldon Souray $2.128 million

Richard Zednik $1.824 million

Niklas Sundstrom $988,000

Steve Begin $608,000

Cristobal Huet $456,000

Guest Low Roller
Pussy-alert

Exactly. And not in the coward sense of the word either.

Werent Chelios and Savard only co-captians or something?

Yup. They traded to C back-and-forth like some silly game of catch. I believe that Muller and Damphousse also traded the C.

The Montreal Canadiens are apparently very interested in obtaining the services of offensive winger Miroslav Satan, TFP has learned.

In conjunction with a report by RDS.ca, Canada's French version of ESPN, the Canadiens have offered Satan a contract, along with four other teams.

Satan was let go by the Buffalo Sabres this past weekend after they declined to make him a qualifying offer.

In 704 career NHL games with Buffalo and Edmonton, Satan has registered 259 goals and 260 assists and 519 points.

He was originally drafted by the Oilers in the 5th round (111th overall) of the 1993 draft.

Meanwhile, the Canadiens will be speaking with both Jose Theodore and Mike Ribeiro in the coming days in hopes of locking them up to long-term deals.

The Canadiens are also extremely interested in bringing back Alexei Kovalev, with sources saying that would still be a possibility if the Habs sign another scoring forward.

How about the Canadians actually sign a player or two and then you report it? They can be interested in obtaining the world, but until they open their poutine-glued wallet Souray is still the only first liner on the roster.

The third day of free agency has past, big names are being swept up faster than prostitutes in Montreal and they havent made a splash yet.

What do you want, a cookie?

Dont make me remind you of a certain Rubber-Dinghyesque quality that you employ.

DaveO + 33 years of age + Sens fan = ?