Jambands.ca

The Lynx will be back for another season.

Booche

(From the Ottawa Sun. 25 cent dogs on Thursday, DaveyBoy. Let's go get some pig anus.)

The question is, why?

Lynx owner Ray Pecor, in town for yesterday's 7-3 loss to the Louisville Bats, didn't have an answer for that question after confirming the Triple-A club will call Ottawa home for the 2006 season.

"I don't know. Usually I try to give you guys answers, but I can't answer that one. Haven't I been beat up enough?" he wondered.

The answer just might be that despite years of financial losses and pathetic crowds, Pecor said he was unwilling to admit defeat. He said he's unwilling to believe Triple-A baseball can't be successful here.

"I've hated to admit it and that's why I'm not going to admit it (yesterday) and we're coming back for another year. Some day I might have to admit it," he said.

The other part of the equation is Pecor simply hasn't had an offer good enough to justify selling the team.

Pecor confirmed he has had talks with potential owners in Allentown, Pa. -- which has been the latest rumoured destination -- as well as people in Harrisburg, Pa., Richmond, Va., and Orlando.

"I've had conversations with them all over the last two or three years, but I'm telling you nobody has given me any money. I haven't seen any money from anybody ... Have they offered me something for the team? Absolutely. I have been offered something for the team for three years or so. I just haven't made a deal yet."

Pecor said he likes having the team here. He drove up from his Vermont home yesterday morning.

"I love baseball," he said. "I came up (yesterday) morning. I'm able to get here. I don't really want to go somewhere else."

Pecor saw the Lynx (54-55) give up seven runs in the last three innings in front of 1,770 fans.

NOTES: The Lynx announced yesterday there will be no price increase for season-ticket packages for next year ... Former Expos great Andre "The Hawk" Dawson will be at Lynx Stadium next Saturday. The former National League MVP will sign autographs from 5-5:45 p.m. ... The Lynx will offer 25-cent hot dogs Thursday night ... The Lynx finish off their four-game series with Louisville tonight (7:05) and start a three-game series with Scranton tomorrow night.

despite years of financial losses and pathetic crowds, Pecor said he was unwilling to admit defeat. He said he's unwilling to believe Triple-A baseball can't be successful here.

Season after season of terrible attendance doesn't mean Triple A ball IS unsuccessful in Ottawa??

Was I the only one that read the Hawk is coming to town?

Anyways, season tickets go on sale soon. I think we are going to buy a 10-game flex pack. Its $ 75.00

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Lynx are pleased to announce that Season Ticket packages for the 2006 baseball season will be available for renewal and for sale on Monday, August 22nd at the Lynx box office, starting at 10:00 am.

The best sports entertainment value in Ottawa will remain just that next year, as season tickets for the 2006 year will remain at the same low prices as they were during the 2005 season.

Any persons with inquiries with regards to Season Tickets and Ticket Packages are asked to call Lynx Director of Ticket Operations Melissa Rumble at 747-5969 Ext. 265.

The Lynx are currently in the middle of a nine-game homestand that, and are back in action tomorrow night when the face the Louisville Bats at 7:05 pm. Fans can look forward to some great promotions this week, as Thursday August 4th the Lynx will be having 25 cent hot dog night. On Saturday, August 6th the Lynx will welcome one of the greatest Monteal Expos players of all-time to Lynx Stadium, as eight-time National League All-Star Andre Dawson comes to Ottawa.