Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also love that they spent about 3 minutes gloating over how they got the penalty right and the refs mistakenly put Gomez in the box (when Brodeur clearly threw the trip). Only to finally admit like 1/2 way through the penalty that MAYBE the penalty was to Brodeur and Gomez was serving it.

On more serious matters, fuckin' sens can't EVER make a game easy for themselves.

bob cole will have nothing to talk about if brodeur is out of the playoffs. seriously, shut the fuck up about the goalie who's lost 3 games. there are better players on the ice this series.

Yeah, umm, your mind is obviously boggled.

Obviously, because I typed "where" when I meant "wear"! D'oh!

Seriously though, if you go to a game and want to wear a jersey, wear either the home team jersey or the away team jersey. Even a vintage Winnipeg Jets jersey would be acceptable. But don't wear a Leafs jersey, unless you want to get heckled.

He disputes there's a resemblance but with the playoff beard it's easy to see why teammates have given Tom Preissing the nickname Chuck Norris. "Okay, so maybe I've made a couple of cameos (in movies)," Pressing said yesterday, finally giving in. "Tomorrow, I'm showing up with a free Bowflex for everybody."

Also, according to the Sun, Elisha Cuthbert was at the game last night. I guess her reason for showing up late at my place was legit after all.

Gotta give credit to the Kanata Fans! Face paint, belly paint, crazy costumes... the yelling!

Aparantley one of the Leaf fans at the game had a sign that read "Sens Suck" on one side and "Leafs Rule" on the other. He had it torn up within minutes. Got that from Sens network. Good to see the hostility, especially at this time of year.

The Red and Black effect with the Jersey's in the stands is really cool, and the pregame stuff with the projections on the ice looks incredible!

Edited by Guest

from Scott Feschuk's blog at Maclean's website

Game 4 of the Ottawa-New Jersey playoff series goes tonight on CBC, and if you haven’t been watching you might want to do yourself a favour and tune in – not because of the hockey, even though the hockey has been really good, but because we appear to have finally arrived upon the precipice of Bob Cole Completely Losing It.

As any true fan knows, Bob Cole has been calling play-by-play on Hockey Night in Canada for every single one of his 147 years on this Earth. I am not exaggerating. When a few war vets gathered to slap a puck around Kingston Harbour in 1860, Cole was there in his stroller to repeatedly misidentify them.

But what’s got me really excited are some of the emerging new elements of Bob’s repertoire, which lend credence to the theory that we are quickly approaching the moment at which he completely forgets he’s calling an NHL playoff game and begins to order room service or sing a delightful sea shanty.

For instance, Bob used to settle for mistakenly calling players by the name of a teammate – but let’s face it, that’s a rookie error. So Bob’s upped the degree of difficulty by sometimes identifying players using the name of someone on a completely different team. Also, there is now officially no moment in sport as exciting as the approach of a commercial break with Bob Cole in the booth. The score flashes up on the screen, you know the break is coming, you know CBC is going to have to cut away – but Bob is still wandering aimlessly (“Senators leading…â€) down some twisted rhetorical path (“…but that could change…â€) of his own making (“…because the other team could score…â€) and each time he pauses you can feel the tension (“…and then it would be a tie…â€) as the director wonders whether Bob is done (“…because that’s the game of hockey…â€) or if somewhere in there he’s got just one more sentence fragment to expel (“… for sure!â€).

Game 3 was a classic Cole performance made even more enjoyable by his verbal duel with analyst Greg Millen over who more desperately wants to make sweet, sweet love to Martin Brodeur. This rivalry manifested itself in ever-escalating remarks of fawning praise for the Devils goalie, culminating with Bob declaring Brodeur the finest and most excellent netminder “on this planet.†(Though, to be fair, nowhere near the equal of the legendary Zoltar the Denier from Bob’s homeworld.)

My favourite moment of the broadcast came during a brief interlude where the screen displayed a shot of the crowd and Cole remarked, “They’ve got that thing going where they jump up and down!†Uhh, you mean The Wave, Bob? Because it’s called The Wave. Yes, I know it’s lame and tedious but sporting enthusiasts have been routinely performing for more than 25 years! Tune in tonight to hear Bob declare: “They’ve got that thing going where they try to shoot that black disc into the net!â€

I remember that wave comment...but I think it's rubbing off on Millen too, I believe he was the one that said Mike Eaves...

Listening to Millen navigate the waters of colour commentary around a blithering Bob Cole is what I like to call the game within the game.

if this isn't bob's last season then i think we should think about a coup d'état just to oust the head of the CBC

Please do so!!! Rabinovitch is a bitch. Fucker has been siphoning off profits from the pension fund to funnel money into programming. Scammer. He's VERY much like Bettman ... weasel.