Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was completely drunk for overtime and i don't remember the hit, but yeah, i'm totally biased towards the sens. i thought that was obvious. no need to get all worked up kev. there were plenty of calls missed, both for and against the sens, all season and all game long. such is the sport. don't know why you're worked up.

I know that you're biased towards the Sens. All fans are biased towards "their" teams. I would never try to tell somebody not to be (how can you be a fan, and not be biased?) Hell, I was complimenting the Sens on their achievements in Game 1 & 2 ... even Alfie!!! To me, that's what a fan of the sport will do. The officiating has been brutal for most of these playoffs and I know bad calls went both ways. The only thing I was getting "worked up" about was the one play ... that being Alife's cheap, and dangerous, hit from behind in OT.

Alfie has become much more willing to throw hits. It's an unexpected move that I'm not used to seeing from him. I heard somewhere that he has done something different with his skates this year? Makes him a more well-rounded player ... just don't do it from behind ! .

what about the 'net off the moorings' non-call that brought a whistle in the very last seconds of the 3rd? that and the chris kelly hit are just two blown calls that could have cost ottawa the game. alfredsson's hit comes out in the wash

kev, just to confirm, you were upset as well with brian campbell drilling chris kelly just before the tying goal?

pffft. You call that a drilling? Scramble for the puck, Kelly's playing it, he get's checked ... it wasn't boarding as the hit did not direct him into the boards at all, in fact away. Alfie's hit was into the boards = risk of major injury AND he was 5 feet away from the puck!

In no way was I trying to suggest (as I had written) that Alfie's hit from behind was the only non-call in the game. I simply posted about his hit as an isolated example within a larger game.

I'm willing to go easy on Kanada Kev. He's a fan of the game, that's for sure.

Instead, my anger is directed at the jerk(s) who vandalized the Sens flag on my car on Saturday night. Snapped the plastic part in two. They could have broken my window too, but luckily did not.

Disgruntled Sabres fans in my neighbourhood?

FBN,

Thank You :)

People who do things like that to your flag are asswipes. I hate that kind of shit. Mind you, maybe they were just trying to steal it so that they could have it for their own car.

I don't like it when idiots feel that sporting events give them the right to vandalize (when was it that championships meant looting and car-flipping were allowed????)

pffft. You call that a drilling? Scramble for the puck, Kelly's playing it, he get's checked ... it wasn't boarding as the hit did not direct him into the boards at all, in fact away.

isolated calls in a larger context, sure. but kelly wasn't playing the puck as you suggest. He was six feet away from it, cross-checked from behind into the ice; that is the definition of interference is it not? and, had the referee called it, the tying goal wouldn't have counted.

i agree with you that the referring has been brutal.

silly to argue about it now, but i don't think you can have it both ways. and if we didn't argue sports calls from the weekend on Monday morning, are we really sports fans? :)

I didn't see the Alfie hit until just now (thanks for the video Kev), but I thought the cross-check on Kelly was dirty at the time.

That game on Sat. night was back to the "what was a penalty in the first period is no longer a penalty in the dying minutes or OT" style of officiating.

I'm loving the killer instinct of the Sens right now. Perfect example of their lack of it in previous years was their inability to ever go up 2-0 in a series. This is a team that can hang around in games they don't deserve to be in (see the 1st period Saturday) and give themselves a chance to win every night.

let me add that although i said Kev can't have it both ways, i concurrently think that the Alfie hit was ok, as "hitting is allowed in hockey", but the Kelly hit was dirty. So while Kev can't have it both ways, I as a completely biased Sens fan, can indeed have it both ways. :)

edit - worst sentence structure ever

Edited by Guest
wow