Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay relaxed and focused. A little humour will do them good.

Reggie Dunlop: That's great. Why should she care what anyone thinks about her? Shes just scrappin' Hey, how does Braden treat her? Is he nice to her?

Denis Lemieux: Oh yeah, he love her. He tell me 'I love her.'

Reggie Dunlop: Well, maybe Braden's a faggot, you ever think of that?

Denis Lemieux: No way, he got a big cock, like horse.

Bad luck if you ask me.

2 off the cross bar, not too mention Spezza's chances that were forted via penalties. And that was the first period!

All I know is that this whole 'block the front of the net' strategy, which you live and die from in the NFL, is so damn popular when you are trying to preserve a late lead. A part of me is starting to think players are either stupid or overcoached. Tonight was another example of a defensive strategy consisting of putting too many bodies in front of the net to preserve a one goal lead. Buffalo got lucky as far as I am concerned and ask most NFL head coaches what they think of such an ideal.

Sure you take away the odd man 'tired D' rushes but you give up a shitload of shot attempts. NHL players have incredible control over that puck. Eventually, something is bound to make it through.

Then again. Maybe Buffalo are that outmatched because it sure looks like it.

i was most disappointed with the high stick on Neil - had he been able to continue the play that was a sure tying goal.

I'm thinking the same thing although it did look like Neil might not have had control of his stick anyway, or have it in the right position. Frustrating nonetheless.

Anyway, glad they got the last two goals. Should have them confident going into game 5, much more confident than not scoring at all at least.

On the plus side, those of us sick of Bob and Harry can watch the game on NBC on Saturday.

That tumbleweed never gets old Booche!

A good turnout of people from Buffalo at the game last night. I was talking to some of them who were planning to drive back immediately after the game! Of course, there was a lot of trash talk between the Sens and Sabres fans in my area, but at the end of the game we were shaking hands. "See you at game 6" one of them said. "I hope not!" was my reply.

Nice one troll (I've been reading alot of Sens and Sabres message boards).

I got my Red Oskar out and ready to go. That's right... for the first time in my life I have a reason to worship a Red Broom. It feels good.

24682085_d6e48f7846_m.jpg

Did everyone with brooms stick around last night and help clean the arena???

I've always thought that showing up with a broom is the kiss of death for a sweep to happen. It's like talking about a goalie on his way to a shutout and it's only the second period (like fuckin Harry Neale does all the time). It's like a jinx, or a Murphy's Law kind of thing.

I could say something about Brokeback Mountain, but I'll just leave it alone :

n122503994_31335852.jpg

Looks like that Buffalo is still breathing!!!! It's going to be crazy around Buffalo this weekend, that's for sure.

As I said before, I think that this should be seen as a good thing for the Sens. They can't blow a 3-0 series lead, and this loss should just place a few things in check for them. They can use this to their advantage to maintain focus for what they have to do.

Mind you, it could be like spooking a horse and they'll completely lose it! .

Look for Neil to become a big presence as soon as the puck is dropped in Buffalo on Saturday. I can see him (and everyone else) really step up on the physical aspect of the game to set the tone early.

I'd love to be at the game on Saturday. What are the chances of a miracle ticket??? :D

a couple of embarassing moments before and after the game last night.

1. lots of people had to leave their brooms outside the arena - apparently there is a rule for the arena that no brooms longer than 3 feet are allowed. rules rules. people can bring octopi to joe louis but there is a 'broom length restriction' in ottawa? geez.

2. a woman sabres fan was punched in the face 4 times by a disappointed 'Sens fan' after the game. a bunch of true ottawa fans held the guy down until police arrived to arrest the asshole. heard this on the radio this morning, haven't seen anything online about it. disgusting.

Saturday will be a doozy! Looking forward to partying it up on Elgin after the game!

Somebody said this yesterday, "If it goes 5 it will go 6."

I sure hope not, but it seems feasible now if Buffalo gets some momentum from a win.

The Sens really only played 16 minutes of bad hockey at the start of the second period (plus the miscue off the opening faceoff). They were physically dominate for the rest of the game. It won't take much video review for them to realize what worked and didn't work in game 4.

mezaros should have been benched for that. no doubt his little 'miscue' cost them a ton of momentum and ultimately the game. that kind of play is a fine fuckup for the regular season, but championship teams and defencemen don't do that in the semifinals.

2. a woman sabres fan was punched in the face 4 times by a disappointed 'Sens fan' after the game. a bunch of true ottawa fans held the guy down until police arrived to arrest the asshole. heard this on the radio this morning, haven't seen anything online about it. disgusting.

That's horrible and brings nothing but shame on our city. What a complete fucking asshole. This makes my blood boil!

I heard another story on The Team this morning about Sabre fans whose car windows were smashed in. No confirmation either though.

Reminds me of a story:

Freind of mine from Ottawa was at a Leaf-Sens playoff game. Leafs won and after the game a group of leaf fans had surrounded a twleve yr old with a Sens jersey. Started yelling Sens suck and pointing at him. My friend jumped in, made the guys leave and helped the kid find his parents.

In the parking lot afterwards he happened to be parked near the same Leaf fans. They jumped him and broke one of his ribs.

Theres assholes everywhere.