Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

2. a woman sabres fan was punched in the face 4 times by a disappointed 'Sens fan' after the game. a bunch of true ottawa fans held the guy down until police arrived to arrest the asshole. heard this on the radio this morning' date=' haven't seen anything online about it. disgusting.[/quote']

That's horrible and brings nothing but shame on our city. What a complete fucking asshole. This makes my blood boil!

I heard another story on The Team this morning about Sabre fans whose car windows were smashed in. No confirmation either though.

That sucks. Those are the fans that aren't their for the hockey team but just their for the party. One of my friends got badly beat up at a sabres game about 5 years ago for wearing a leafs jersey. He was in the bathroom than jumped by 3 guys. Was in the hospital for a few days and they never got the guys who did it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's horrible and brings nothing but shame on our city.

Hal's right. They are everywhere. Go to an NFL game. We saw between 40 and 50 fights at a Raiders - Rams game in 1994. And it was an exhibition match no less.

What about English Footie?

it happens. There are assholes everywhere. Add in large consumption of alcohol and a hotly contested game and people do stupid things and don't know when to draw the line.

I was at a Sens v Leafs playoff game a number of years ago with 2 of my friends who are die-hard Sens fans. Near the end of the game (when it was determined that the Leafs would win), some asshole tossed an empty beer cup at him and it hit his girlfriend. It didn't hurt her or anything, but it set off my buddy who had been putting up with the trash talking all night, and the friendly ribbing. He ran up the couple of rows and got in the guy's face and it was about to explode. A huge cop ran up and grabbed my friend (Sens fan) by the hair and dragged him into the hallway, pinned him on the ground with his hands behind his back!!! Crazy shit. I got the Leaf "fan" and told him he was coming with me to sort out the situation so that my buddy didn't get in trouble. He did, he apologized, they shook hands, but the cops weren't happy when we were trying to tell them that they seemed a bit excessive in their actions. We were quickly told that he wasn't making triple-pay overtime salary to mediate a dispute, he was simply going to eradicate it! Then we were told if we wanted to talk more about it we could go to the station. I had to drag my buddy away before he got in some real trouble .

There's always a select few "fans" that ruin it for a lot of people.

I'm sure that the majority of the fans, and the rivalry, are having a lot more fun with it.

anyone else find themselves cursing the tv when players make a meal out of hits/stickwork etc;?

even Neil was doing it last night- i'm not saying that there wasn't contact- throwing the stick and gloves off, clutching the face, sprawling out on the ice. this never would have happened a few short years ago and this trend toward soccer-like theatrics is really ominous and has no place, imo

oh well at least the kids aren't exposed to the aweful violence of fights anymore (::rolls eyes::)

Former NHL defenceman Brad Marsh put Derek Roy's goal nine seconds after the opening face-off of Game 4 into perspective. "Lyndon Slewidge was a minus-1. He didn't have time to get off the ice after the anthem," said Marshy,

They should definitely treat that woman to some kindness. Hell, they should be setting her up with VIP treatment at the game tomorrow IN Buffalo. It's good to know that most level-headed fans see that behaviour like those cowards that did this should not be tolerated. I also like the fact that it was a bunch of hometown fans that held those two fuckers down until the cops got there.

And now, for something completely different. It looks like this came out prior to the game the other night:

AMBER ALERT in Buffalo

WE ARE URGENTLY LOOKING FOR A GROUP OF 20 HOCKEY PLAYERS,BELIEVED TO HAVE DISAPPEARED BETWEEN THE 2ND AND 3RD ROUND OF THE NHL EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS.

LAST SPOTTING WAS IN NEW YORK CITY ON MAY 6TH. LEADER GOES BY THE NAME "DANNY". THE GROUP CONSISTS OF A BUNCH OF MULTI-NATIONALS...IT IS BELIEVED THAT THEY ALL UNDERSTAND ENGLISH...BUT YOU NEVER KNOW!!!

WE EXPECT THEM TO BE IN FINE PHYSICAL CONDITION BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T HIT ANYTHING IN WEEKS!!!

IF ANYONE KNOWS THEIR WHEREABOUTS, PLEASE ADVISE THE BUFFALO SABRES HOME OFFICE...THEY MUST BE FOUND BEFORE 7PM WEDNESDAY, AND FLOWN TO OTTAWA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! IF FOUND, THERE IS STILL THAT SLIGHT CHANCE FOR 4 IN A ROW!

Edited by Guest

They should definitely treat that woman to some kindness. Hell, they should be setting her up with VIP treatment at the game tomorrow IN Buffalo. It's good to know that most level-headed fans see that behaviour like those cowards that did this should not be tolerated. I also like the fact that it was a bunch of hometown fans that held those two fuckers down until the cops got there.

If anybody is convicted of this, I wish there was a way to ban the criminals from all future Senators games...and maybe force them to go to a Buffalo game (at their expense) with seats right in the middle of a bunch of Buffalo fans.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest