Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let the police and courts figure it out. convict the bastard, scotiabank place apologise to the woman, close the book on it. and go sens go.

Apparently the Sens have offered her tix to the next Buffalo game here and a hotel room...

The story is starting to unfold more...Apparently she decked the guy twice first...No excuse to knock out a woman but cmon...Equal rights, right?

let the police and courts figure it out. convict the bastard' date=' scotiabank place apologise to the woman, close the book on it. and go sens go.[/quote']

Apparently the Sens have offered her tix to the next Buffalo game here and a hotel room...

The story is starting to unfold more...Apparently she decked the guy twice first...No excuse to knock out a woman but cmon...Equal rights, right?

Provided there are equal lefts, too...

Aloha,

Brad

That was a great game. Lots of action and a fitting finish having it go to overtime.

In the long run, I'm sure that the Sens will be glad for the extra time being in this series. Not so many days off, a bit of a reality check to not let their guard down, and still enough time to get completely prepared for the finals.

Let's see who's going to make it out of the West. That series has gotten it's legs now and pretty damn heated up!

Congrats for the win and the chance to play in the Stanley Cup Finals!

NBC switched to horse racing between the third period and overtime. Fucking ridiculous. And they were the reason the game was at 2 PM and they can't even show the whole thing? How much did CBC pay for the rights? And how much did NBC pay? Bettman is stupid.

Thank goodness for CBC.

William, did you get evicted yet?

Nope. Come To G'iver is a great place to let loose after watching the score on my cell phone. Just got in and spent thte last couple hours going over highlights, blogs, and articles. I shed a little tear for Alfie, Redden, Murray, and the rest of the team. I'm so proud and happy for them, and for Ottawa. This city deserves everthing it is about to go through. I can't wait. Going to try desperately to get tickets!!!

and it was Bettman who bent over and let them schedule the game for 2 PM so NBC could air it... or is that mistaken? And shouldn't Bettman have made sure that the deal was to broadcast the entire game? I have friends and co-workers in the States who are royally pissed about this. I only noticed because I was getting fed up with Bob and Harry and switched channels.

I don't really care so much as I watched the CBC feed - but it's shitty, and it's not going to help the game at all to not even show the whole thing.

i wonder if they only showed the back straightaway from the Preakness too.

Booche, what did you think of the game?

And shouldn't Bettman have made sure that the deal was to broadcast the entire game?

That was the deal they went with 2 years ago because NOBODY gives a shit about hockey in the US. It was up to NBC if they wanted to continue to show it. The NHL went with a broader channel that would reach a much larger audience but got screwed at a critical time. There isnt much you have to barter with when your product isnt wanted.

I thought it was a great game. Alfie is the MVP so far these playoffs. Easily.

Yup, and Bettman is the bitch who let the NHL take it up the ass and let NBC call the shots when it came to scheduling weekend games for the playoffs. FUCK THEM. CBC pays money to have the rights to the games and they work it out with TSN (who pay as well) for the first couple of rounds quite nicely. But for the mighty NBC, Bettman chooses to let them decide that these critical games are broadcast in the afternoon. IT's bullshit. West coasters had to watch those games starting at 11am local time! WTF?

GO DUCKS GO

I saw a piece on this kid during an A Channel or CBC broadcast... Mike Fisher really had this kid under his wing, and the whole team was playing with him with a little scrimmage and it was really touching...

Some Sad News:

Three-year-old succumbed

to cancer two hours after his favourite team won

Senators' Mike Fisher promised Elgin they'd win the Stanley Cup

Three-year-old Elgin-Alexander Fraser died Saturday night, within hours of watching the Ottawa Senators reach the Stanley Cup finals.

The little boy spent his last hours at home, nestled between family and friends on a mattress on the floor in front of the television, doing what he loved - watching the Senators play hockey.

That night, he saw them win. Two hours later, as his mother and father tightly held his hands and told him they loved him, he softly closed his eyes.

Elgin died of a rare form of childhood cancer called neuroblastoma, and had captured the emotions of thousands who raised funds to fight cancer at charity events for him.

"He went peacefully," said his father Hamish Fraser, adding that his son loved hockey "more than anything," and was the Senator's biggest fan.

Two days earlier, Senators centre Mike Fisher visited Elgin at home, and watched a movie and played cars with him, because he was too weak to play hockey that day.

His father said he talked to Elgin on the phone Thursday afternoon when Mr. Fisher was there and asked Elgin to ask Mr. Fisher if the Senators were going to win the Stanley Cup.

"Okay, Dad, hold on," said Elgin over the phone.

"Mike," said Elgin, "You're going to win the Stanley Cup, right?"

"We sure are buddy," said Mr. Fisher.

Elgin_1.gif