• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knock Knock,

Who's there?

Stanley.

Stanley Who?

The Stanley Cup Finals.

Lame, I know... but unless you're a Sens fan, you have no idea good it feels to be in this position. Unless you're an oldie like Booche and Kanada Kev and can actually remember the last time your teams were even in a position to play for the cup.

You're 55 right Kev?

Unless you're an oldie like Booche and Kanada Kev and can actually remember the last time your teams were even in a position to play for the cup.

You're 55 right Kev?

LOL ... good one. Lest ye forget that I am a born and bred Habs fan! I never wore a Leafs jersey as a child and couldn't stand them as I grew up in Toronto in the 70s and 80s. When they dressed some decent teams in the early 90s I was compelled to watch more and get some fine "local" hockey to watch. Since the Habs and Leafs didn't ever play each other that often, it never really proved to be a dilemma for me. And now, with the layout of the league, they could never meet each other in the Cup final anyhow (unlike they should have in 92).

Who knows, in a decade or so, extenuating circumstances might make me become a Sens fan (like if my boy Jack gets drafted by them as a player). Until such time, i will not be a Sens "fan" but will appreciate the good quality contests that they are a part of. If they win it, i'll be happy for their fans, but no more so than for the fans of the Ducks (yes, they have some die-hard fans as well) if they take the Cup.

Drop the puck!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Who knows, in a decade or so, extenuating circumstances might make me become a Sens fan (like if my boy Jack gets drafted by them as a player). Until such time, i will not be a Sens "fan" but will appreciate the good quality contests that they are a part of. If they win it, i'll be happy for their fans, but no more so than for the fans of the Ducks (yes, they have some die-hard fans as well) if they take the Cup.

So you would be just as happy for some random Ducks fan as you would for me? I am cry.

So you would be just as happy for some random Ducks fan as you would for me? I am cry.

Don't cry Ollie. I was referring "their fans" as the collective. As for individuals, of course i'd be more happy for somebody I know personally who is a dedicated fan who has supported the team ... especially through the lean years.

Hell, maybe I'll cough up a little CBC/HNIC swag for a few folks here :)

unlike they should have in 92

That was 1993 and fate served the Leafs the plate they deserved.

Whatever Booche. The 92/93 season then :)

Tell me it wouldn't have been WAYYYYY better to see the Leafs play the Habs that year. After Montreal won all of those overtime games, and the Leafs battled to 7 games in each round against the top 3 teams ... it would have been one for the ages.

Nothing could have been better than being at a Grateful Dead concert, watching the Habs hoist the Cup, drinking free beers, as Jerry and the boys were belting out the encore. I rollerbladed around the lot that night, wearing my Habs jersey, getting full support from all the Detroit fans (who despised the Kings).

Just walked by City Hall and the two big screens are up and running, vendors are getting in place and the atmosphere is brewing.

Saw lots of jersey clad fans on the way home, including one brave Leafs fan enjoying the ride.

GO SENS GO!!

Nobody posting?????

WTF?

That was a fantastic hockey game. Kick ass hockey from both sides. This is gonna be good :)

Sens owned the first 10mins. Looked like it was gonna be their game. Than that outburst by the Ducks mid way through the period ... wow!

Ottawa did a great job in controlling the game in the second.

The third was dominated by the Ducks. That Getzlaf goal was amazing. Never seen a backhand so quick.

Other than a couple of questionable calls/non calls, for both sides, it was a decently reffed game (as far as this post season has been!)

Bring on Game 2

Guest Low Roller

I watched the first period. Damn that was a fast game! Everyone was finishing their checks, and yes, the top line looked invisible.

I'm looking forward to the week-end already so that I can watch a whole game and not pay for it at work the next day.

Go Sens!

Great game.

Anaheim's shift immediately after McDonald's goal was one of the most incredible down-low cycles I've ever seen.

That was the first game this post-season where the Sens have been out hit, out worked and physically dominated from start to end. As the announcers repeatedly mentioned, it looked like the Sens were out of gas in the 3rd trying to hang on. But hey, they didn't have their game legs and lost by 1 goal and hit how many posts?

Time to make the necessary adjustments. There's no way Anaheim will win this series if they keep taking so many bad penalties.

yup, definitely looks like penalties will be one of the biggest deciding factors. Therefore, it's up to the frickin' refs to make this a good series. Let's keep it consistent to be fair to both teams.

I can't believe the stats when I see that the Sens only got 3 shots on net in the first period (with 2 power plays). They've gotta get more shots on net when they get those power plays (7-4 in favour of Ottawa last night) and total only 20 at the end of the game. Ottawa's special teams were critical in their success against Buffalo. They need to find that magic again.

I really think that both goalies were lackluster. Neither had many spectacular saves. I did like Emery's that he snagged with his trapper as he was falling back. That could have been a blooper goal that would have sealed the game even earlier.

Wade Redden got a nice goal on that power play, but he looked outplayed for most of the game.

Pronger took a stupid penalty in the last minute of the game. He was pretty quiet for most of the game I thought. Fischer was by far the best Senator on the ice. He never ceases to impress me.

Stephen Stills should NOT be singing the anthem. That was about as good as Rosanne Barr's rendition years ago :P