Jambands.ca

Rafael Palmeiro

Booche

How big of a joke is that?

So, we get this:

Rafael Palmeiro's positive steroid test was for stanozolol, a powerful anabolic steroid that is not available in dietary supplements, according to a newspaper report.

The New York Times, citing a person in baseball with direct knowledge of the sport's drug-testing program, reported on its Web site Tuesday that Palmeiro tested positive for the drug known by the brand name Winstrol, most notably linked to the Olympic sprinter Ben Johnson of Canada.

Johnson was stripped of his 100-meter gold medal in 1988 after testing positive for stanozolol.

"It's a mildly strong to strong steroid," Dr. Gary Wadler, a professor at New York University and an expert in sports doping, told the Times. "Potent is the word I would use."

(By the looks of it, buddy would know that he was putting that in his system)

And yesterday, Canseco comes to his defence?

Check it out:

Jose Canseco - who seems to make a habit of saying the unexpected - came to the defense of his former Texas Rangers teammate.

In a daylong series of media interviews, Canseco and his attorney, Robert Saunooke, raised doubts yesterday about whether Palmeiro was recently injecting performance-enhancing drugs - as Canseco accused Palmeiro of doing in the early 1990s. Canseco and Saunooke both said Palmeiro may have been victimized in the past few weeks by flawed drug testing that could have merely picked up evidence of steroid use long ago.

Canseco, who lives in Encino, Calif., suggested two possible scenarios. Either Palmeiro was victimized by an "imprint" of past steroid use, or else "Mr. Rafael Palmeiro is being set up."

Neither Canseco nor Saunooke offered theories on why Palmeiro might have been framed.

Wow...............incredible stuff.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

I say they let all the players juice up as much as they want, and have them play against a team of highly skilled robots. Both teams would play under 'Roid Rage' rules, which makes it mandatory to run the mound before you can go to first base and to crack the bat over your knee/head before you go to bat.

Isn't it interesting that Barry Bonds has said that he won't play at all next year after the hammer is being dropped on anyone caught doping? Coincidence?

Guest Low Roller
Rafael Palmeiro said he "didn't take steroids. Period." What he meant to say was "I didn't take steroids. Question mark."

Or is it "I didn't take steroids. Purple."?

I think the whole Cooperstown situation is going to be quite the debate. Yes he was caught red handed but what about Bonds, Sosa, McGwire. It's going to be interesting to see how the voters go with these players.

Personally I think he wont get in on the first ballot now but will eventually.

Or

Maybe they will hang him out to dry like they did Ben Johson. He was the only one punished even though the other 7 racers in that final eventually were caught for drugs or where heavily suspected.

I think the whole Cooperstown situation is going to be quite the debate. Yes he was caught red handed but what about Bonds, Sosa, McGwire. It's going to be interesting to see how the voters go with these players.

Close the damn thing. Sneak in Dale Murphy, Burt Blyleven and Art Monk and be done with it.