Jambands.ca

For the TV viewers in the house...

Large Marge

I started to well up when Nate died on Six Feet Under. But I actually lost it in the last episode where David breaks down at the funeral. I'm pretty sure I've never cried during a tv show until now.

I can't put my finger on the secret but it's well written and well executed, and if it made me cry I guess it's pretty compelling. And like alot of HBO's hits it's ending while at the top of its game.

I'm looking forward to watching Weeds, since my two favorite shows (Six Feet Under and Queer as Folks) are ending this year. :(

I also cried during that last episode of Six Feet Under. I'm going to miss that show a lot. The writting is incredible.

I'm also looking forward to the new Chris Rock show "Everybody hates Chris Rock"

Zero - from what I've heard Arrested Development is done, they didn't even fully finish last season Ibeleive they stopped production with 2 or 3 episodes to go). Hands down one of the funniest shows on TV, but try to tell that to the Reality-TV fanatics down south, they don't know good TV when they see it.

I'm not too much of a TV-head but I do look forward to a few things this season.

Number One is Arrested Development, the gift that keeps on giving. Everything about this show is perfect, the kind of show that is even funnier the next day when you're walking around thinking about it.

I hate to admit it, well actually I'm proud to admit it, but I don't see how that Tommy Lee reality show can fail, where he goes to college. He's creepy and greasy but hard to ignore, this show will be pretty funny and, I bet, surprisingly sweet.

Also looking forward to checking out "Everybody Hates Chris" and the show that dude from "Super Size Me" is bringing forwrd, where they put people into contrary situations and follow their progress, like making an Evangelical Christian live as a Muslim for a month, or a sober Soccer Mom/housewife live in a frat house for a month.

Finally, I wish I had the Travel Network so I could check out Anthony Bourdains new travelling food show "No Reservations". Hopefully, the Food Network will pick this up.

I anticipate in 2006 there will be a reality show in which Del, Canned Beats, Zero and Shainhouse are locked in a mini-van together and forced to drive long distances. I'd watch that every fucking week.

Also looking forward to checking out "Everybody Hates Chris" and the show that dude from "Super Size Me" is bringing forwrd, where they put people into contrary situations and follow their progress, like making an Evangelical Christian live as a Muslim for a month, or a sober Soccer Mom/housewife live in a frat house for a month.

if this is for real then i have a reason (other than the simpsons) to turn on the tv!

episode 1 - gwb and family trade places with an extended iraqi family in fallujah.

Episode 2: Del and Lazlo and Paisley become US Customs Officials, with the pre-hiring security check.

Episode 3: bradm has to live for a month as a member of the Church of Scientology, while simultaneously becoming part of an Amway downline.

Aloha,

Brad

I anticipate in 2006 there will be a reality show in which Del, Canned Beats, Zero and Shainhouse are locked in a mini-van together and forced to drive long distances. I'd watch that every fuÇking week.

Oh man.........

They get a hat filled with band names ranging from Weezer to SCI with everything in between. Each week, a different name is pulled and they are required to get to the show and procure tickets in time.

Afterwards, each gives a 2 minute solo review of said 'show' ala the end of Blind Date.

I am so giddy right now.

Oh, you know the producers (us) are going to be throwing curve balls at them.

Like, thinking they are going to see the Slip, but turns out to be Cavern instead. The bar would be filled with 200 shirtless jocks on uppers. Many of them paid to do *stuff* to our fateful four.

Actually, that could be the name of the show.

The Fateful Four

Oh my God, I have tears in my eyes you guys. It took me a minute to remember that this isn't (yet) a real show.

Time to start pitchin'. *calling old high school friend at CBC...it's about time they got on the reality bandwagon*

Too bad about the "no dates" rule. Throw Beats a bone, would ya. :P

we'll consider dates for the second half of the first season. I just don't want them to get too distracted.

Really, it's just letting these fine men get to know each other a little better, while locked in a car for thirteen hours at a time.

In the first episode, they discover the minivan doesn't have a CD player and the speakers don't work. Destination: the New Brunswick Annual Sandpiper Festival !

Edited by Guest