Jambands.ca

Roll Call: SMOKESTACK w/Mark Wilson - Tonite! - Hamilton

shainhouse

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cool DJ night is going on in the "lounge" at Casbah this night as well. If you are a fan of 50's/60's rock and roll (Presley/Vincent/Holly/Orbison), rockabilly and ska, you'll dig the DJ "The Lone Hamiltone"...

OCT14Lounge.jpg

You're speaking my language there, man. I better hear plenty more Buddy Holly than Presley or I'll be unhappy.

Looking forward to seeing ya's, CJ!

Quite apart from seeing Mark Wilson again, who's among my pantheon of Most Deeply Rooted Musicians, I look forward to catching Smokestack again; it's rare that I enjoy using the phrase "military precision" applied to a jamband, but these guys fucking kick, and have such a range of musical personalities that your neck gets sore from looking back and forth across the stage trying to figure out how they put it all together. I entirely expect to have my mind blown once again.

seriously, looking forward to reconnecting with TO, K-W and Hammertown folks

Not sure about any of the other KW's but I know that there will be some absents due to some unfortunate events back home in Chatham.

I really wish i could make this, i've been looking forward to it for ages. Oh well, friends come first.

Have fun ya'll.