Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
shainhouse

Roll Call: SMOKESTACK w/Mark Wilson - Tonite! - Hamilton

A cool DJ night is going on in the "lounge" at Casbah this night as well. If you are a fan of 50's/60's rock and roll (Presley/Vincent/Holly/Orbison), rockabilly and ska, you'll dig the DJ "The Lone Hamiltone"...

OCT14Lounge.jpg

You're speaking my language there, man. I better hear plenty more Buddy Holly than Presley or I'll be unhappy.

Looking forward to seeing ya's, CJ!

Quite apart from seeing Mark Wilson again, who's among my pantheon of Most Deeply Rooted Musicians, I look forward to catching Smokestack again; it's rare that I enjoy using the phrase "military precision" applied to a jamband, but these guys fucking kick, and have such a range of musical personalities that your neck gets sore from looking back and forth across the stage trying to figure out how they put it all together. I entirely expect to have my mind blown once again.

seriously, looking forward to reconnecting with TO, K-W and Hammertown folks

Not sure about any of the other KW's but I know that there will be some absents due to some unfortunate events back home in Chatham.

I really wish i could make this, i've been looking forward to it for ages. Oh well, friends come first.

Have fun ya'll.

no worries here Shain, just make sure you get them up here again in the near future and I'll be a happy camper.

for those of you on the fence about this GO AND SEE THEM. Very impressive jams and great song writing, they were my favourite group from May2-4 at Izzy's.

I'm still hoping to make the journey to Hamilton at some point tomorrow night ... Smokestack, Mark Wilson, and Dr. Evil & Calamity Jane are just 3 of many reasons why I'd like to be there. Hopefully the logistics will work out ...

Peace, Mark

very best of vibes out Chatham way (don't know whats happening but know I care about a lot of folks out that way)

lookin forward to seeing Smokestack again (and le soulful monsieur Mark Wilson, of course)

Mud's father passed away earlier this week, after a battle with cancer. There is a reception in his memory on Friday in Chatham.

Peace, love and hugs to his family and friends, to Mud and Blair, and to everyone who will feel the loss.

Mark

Peace' date=' love and hugs to his family and friends, to Mud and Blair, and to everyone who will feel the loss.[/quote']

Absolutely. Very, very sorry to hear this. Take good care of one another.

seconded.