Jambands.ca

Domi Still a Leaf

badams

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed their first free agent and it's a familiar name.

Tie Domi has re-signed with the Maple Leafs, agreeing to a 2-year deal worth $2.5 million.

Domi has been a crowd favourite since rejoining the Leafs in 1994-95. His best offensive season to date came in 2002-03 when he registered 15 goals and 29 points.

The Windsor, Ontario native was originally drafted by the Maple Leafs in the second round at the 1988 Draft.

He has amassed 3406 penalty minutes in 943 games.

As much as I hate the Leafs, all I can say is good for them.

They REALLY needed to appease the fans so this move goes a long way. Based on what they might end up with on that team, Jaimoe and Don Cherry may see their wish fulfilled with Domi getting far more ice time.

I agree they paid too much for Domi. I like him but it was still too much money.

Looks like Antropov is on the fence right now.

Nik Antropov has received offers from Russian club teams doubling and even tripling the qualifying offer of $1 million the Leafs have offered the winger.

"I have to think about it with my agent (Don Meehan) very hard. I've been thinking about it for the last month and a half. We haven't make a decision yet," Antropov told the Star. "I hope to stay here in Toronto and play for the Maple Leafs."

"I've got a couple of offers in Russia for two to three times as much money. It's easier for me to go back there than to stick around the NHL.