Jambands.ca

August 5th Deals

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Just cracked open my browsers at work and I'm ready for another exciting day of free agency. Is everyone having as much fun as I am seeing teams build from nothing?? This week has been awesome so far as has this forum.

Hey, what's happening in the Cavern anyways?

So just to start the day off right, here are some random stats that I've compiled:

- Highest paid player: Jaromir Jagr, $8,420,348 (New York Rangers)

- Lowest paid player: 28 players signed at the league min of $450,000

- Team with highest payroll: Philadelphia, $32,116,600

- Team with lowest payroll: Washington, $7,191,000

- Team with most players: Pheonix, 19

- Team with least players: Washington, 6

- Team with lowest salary/player*: Florida, $1,032,540

- Team with highest salary/player*: New York Islanders, $3,309,166.60 (2 undisclosed)

* this stat is dubious because not all players have disclosed salaries.

Right on Roller, we can chat the shit out of stuff before all these Eastern time zone dipsticks get out of bed! This has been a perfect time to open this forum; but chances are it will never be this busy again. This has been a veritable smorgasbord of big stories.

....we'll have to have a Monday morning quarterback thread once football...er, the NFL starts *drool*.

Oh, and Booche, good morning & go fuck yerself!

(grumble, grumble.....potato farmer.....grumble, mutter.... Travellin' Matt bass line.....grumble)

hahahaha

Guest Low Roller
Right on Roller, we can chat the shit out of stuff before all these Eastern time zone dipsticks get out of bed!

EST sucks!

Get up you lazy bastards! (Freak by Night exempted)

So Chris Chelios signed on for his 22nd NHL season! He's spent more years in the NHL than Sidney Crosby has been alive!

Guest Low Roller

A fine rumour to start the day: Edmonton has offered Paul Kariya a contract along with three other teams.

I am loving the fact that the Canadian teams can compete in the free agency market with the new economic system of the league!

In the Stupidest Rumor I Have Read category:

Chicago Sportsradio (ESPN 1000) is reporting a confirmed three-way deal between the BlackHawks, Boston and Toronto.

The Hawks would send Eric Daze to Boston; the Bruins would send Joe Thornton to Toronto and Leafs would send Ed Belfour to Chicago.

Guest Low Roller

Dumping Belfour's salary may be the only chance that Toronto has to become competitive so I wouldn't consider the move to be that stupid.

The most coveted goaltender in the free agent market has finally found a home, as veteran netminder Nikolai Khabibulin has signed with the Chicago Blackhawks.

It is a four-year deal worth $27 million US.

Khabibulin, 32, helped lead the Tampa Bay Lightning to their first Stanley Cup title in 2004, posting five postseason shutouts and a 1.71 goals-against average.

The native of Russia posted a 28-19-7 regualr season record in 2003-2004 with three shutouts and a 2.33 goals-against average.

Since being acquired from the Phoenix Coyotes on March 5, 2001, Khabibulin has amassed a 83-74-28 record while leading the team to consecutive Southeast Division titles. He holds franchise records in wins, shutouts (14) and consecutive wins (eight).

I just spoke with my buddy Matt Bradley. Pittsburgh didn't sgin him to an offer. He said he's willing to play in Toronto, but for no less than 4.5 mil a year. He figures the way things are going they will be desperate soon.

I told him to get serious and think about his career. He agreed and is willing to sign with the Habs for the league minimum.