Jambands.ca

Fu@k Hypocrisy

kung

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

However, I don't believe there is smoke going up asses to acheive that.

Kee-rist that makes me laugh. Sounds like part of a keynote speech from the Louder of the Bouches.

Variations:

"The smoke will not be necessarily be blown up the asses to further our goal."

"I do not believe that smoke will enter the ass in an effort to further achievement."

"In other news, another attempt today by smoke to enter the ass..."

"Smoke was found around the ass, however it's entry was prevented"

"Going up Asses: The Smoke Report"

"We do not find the ass in any need of smoke blowing"

and so on. I need a nap.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay this one is dead in the ground. But from the say 1500 people who viewed the thread on Jamhub I get the sense that I'm not totally off base and the waste of skin some would claim. But just to not let Jay totally off the hook, although I really liked his take on things, here's a whack of Canadian artists I listen to regularly due to their CRAFTsmanship at the expense of all of our bands (remember the whole world class dealy): Broken Social Scene, Cuff The Duke (playing Guelph's Trash this Thurs.), Ron Sexsmith, Loudon and Rufus Wainright, Bob Wiseman, Al Tuck, The Guthries, Be Good Tanyas, Martin Tielli, Rheos, Buck 65, Hawksley Workman, Heavy Meadows, The Dears.....

Just to have my two cents here,since now I do have an opinion.

First off, we (jamhub) were not trying to moderate free speech,because of any difference of opinion about the music or the scene.Things were getting out of hand with the racial slurs,personal attacks on a persons being.It was in bad taste and there was many complaints about it from members.

-

Just to clarify my spot...

I'm grateful for everything that all ya'all do for us (and me), whether its putting shows on, flyers up, hosting webspace, or just smiling and saying hi.

I apologize if I was any of an antagonizer... I was just hoping there'd be discussion on the concept of free speech, not on any specific posts etc.

ps. Esau, you sounded a little pissed in that message, but I'm betting you're just hung over... wasn't it your B-day yesturday [Wink]

Righteous political outrage Brother Esau...your in...

PS I did read the thread on the hub(took me forever but I did it) so fortunately you needent kick MY ass...but I'm quite sure there are other asses that need their asses kicked for blowin' smoke up asses and so on...I got your back Bro... [Wink]

OK. Alright,

Kung you are good at getting me to spend a lot of time writing and not working.

I posted earlier in response to the idea of hypocrisy in the world of can-jam websites. (god did i just write that? it's alive!!) I was reponding to you (luke) for bringing the arguement that you started at jamhub over here.. moreso that I agree brad/shane/greg have the right (as well as the admin over here) to delete inappropriate content. (all the frumpyone shit is basically what makes this scene wrong-lonely people fucked up on drugs feeling left out) Thats what I was responding to. I also stated that there are no rules about not liking something and talking about it in any manner the member sees fit.. There aren't.. there are rules of good taste. and thats an important element in a forward thinking community (which I think we have)..

i think your points about crap detectors in the jazz/electro/whatever scene vs. no crap detectors in the jamscene is way off base, Luke. I am a music nazi, and most people I know are too. Who is to say whats crap? How many jazzfans disregarded the Slip after Bob Moses (jazz legend) openly dissed them in an open letter in the NYtimes? Probably a lot, and i think it's their loss because the Slip is a great band- and i think them not being as big as you think they should be is a big reason for all this internet tripe you're throwing around. regardless, opinions ARE like assholes. regardless, everyone should be able to know what they enjoy and what they dont.. there shouldn't be required 'crap detectors', this scene and life in general is about individuality.. the press and popular music ignore jammy type stuff, because it's impossible (for the most part) to market to the masses. not because there aren't enough assholes writing bad reviews. Check out chartattack.com and see how many bad reviews you see of the indie bands playing in Toronto. probably 1 out of 50.. lots of critical reviewing there.

maybe I don't come on here and say i think things suck, because I know people involved closely are reading and they know who I am.. blah blah. Thats my perogative. It's all a fact of life in a scene this small with everyone so closely involved. Thats also part of what makes it wonderful and respectful and personal. When nero is touring (yes I am in nero), we have flyers for this website, jamhub, jambase at our merch table.. and when we can pick setbreak tunes or music at a party after, we play GTB, JSB, Blue Quarter, RFSP, ... blah blah, whoever.. because we are trying to help the scene as a whole evolve and grow. (and we want to help get good music out there). thats the only way it'll be a respected scene, if it continues to last and grow. That only happens if people supporting keep doing so, and musicians keep playing and improving. Hype is always fake, its made by corporations, spinsters and whatnot.. there are hype companies that have a list of phone numbers that make bands hyped. Listen to Chuck D. don't believe the hype- its a sequel.

THere will be a point when the media can no longer ingnore the scene (who knows when) and it'll be interesting to see how they'll figure out a way to exploit it. so enjoy it before it gets there.

There are things about every band that I don't like (from every scene and country), but why focus on that? WHy not accentuate the positive and help it grow further and improve...

On the other hand, perhaps the presence of the people involved keeps fans from writing reviews when they are less than glowing. it's the nature of the beast at this point. and hopefully people feel they can write what they feel, and be respectful about it..

Calling it Jam-twaddle is really helpful too Luke. How can twaddle be qualified?? Can you show me how some other scene has made a chart so I can understand how its supposed to be? You know I think you're a good, smart, hilarious person LUke, but don't call people in the admin of these websites 'self -serving' or 'delivering editorial handjobs' when that is a big part of what is coming across in your statements and writings.. twaddle, self serving twaddle at that. They all work hard doing webwork, making contacts for the canadian bands, and they aren't getting paid, no matter what you think. If you're feelign under-appreciated and If you want to help the scene, put your opinions into a website that people can visit if they want to, I have a great idea for a URL.. northernheads.com [Wink]

meanwhile, all us can-jam type band members will continue to work 40 hours a week, so we can drive overnight to play shows to empty rooms... why? because we love to play music, love improving, love seeing the people that support us. and being inspired to keep pushing on.

rant over. sorry if I am now way behind on this thread, it's taken me a while to write this.

Peace

I apologize to the hippies I offended.

May anger got the best of me, and I reacted and not in a good way.I will not though, accept being told I am in this for profit,nor any other reason other then I just love the music.

So I will now let ya'll be in this little bubble of so called peace & love that people seem to think we live in.

I am sorry. [Roll Eyes]

Well this sure sucks, I was going to make that rant my latest signature.

Instead, I can thank the good Dr Hux for the one I chose.

But

"Things were getting out of hand with the racial slurs,personal attacks on a persons being.It was in bad taste and there was many complaints about it from members."

that seemed to be the beginning of what we all witness go down. Like I said (in a different thread), I support BB 110% for taking that thread down, and doing what he he to do..............

Welly welly welly now. This is were the jamhead elite hang out, is it? Musicfacer, is that you bringing the hate on the `Bong? " (I will pummel that guy if I ever meet his illiterate ass)" ......Pummel? [big Grin] LOL

Bad form Kung baby, bad form. The Pope of Jamville resorting to threats of violence on one of his subjects? Tut tut. Does though think themselves so highly that they are above such tomfoolery and games. "As opposed to my typical hippy baiting schtick..." If thou playeth the game, why does thou get so pissed when you are the game????[Confused]

"I have absolutely had it with the inability of people to self-consciously reflect on our culture", well guess what, sounds like you're too old for this shit. Go write a fucking book if you don't want near real time crap thrown at you by sheep. It's clear you have your little circle of "Kungheads" waiting to agree to your every post, big whoop. Everyone has a hobby, but your Slip setlist rant on Jamhug was mental. Here's one you forgot to list:

(?) drummer bumped his head on mic when adjusting his shorts during jam then thought to himself that maybe Kung was actually just staulking them to post more accurate setlists? [Razz]

And don't get me started on your West Coast, String Cheese Ticket Incident. That one is too funny to pull out yet. [Eek!]

Hello Jambands.ca, I am the West Coast's very own Uni-Bonger. Just thought I'd sign up and see what's goin' on at the voice of Canada's jam scene. I'm sure I'll find the same balance of Leaf Blowers and cigarette shuffing Habs as any other Eastern oriented site, but hey, at least feel lucky your not from Calgary.

note: the Maritimes are lucky to have a band like JSB growing up in their back yard. See them, lots.

so i step away from the internet for a week and a bit and all you kids are mad at something that isn't really all that bad.

yeah - hippies and jamfan kids are nice and don't want to hurt anyones' feelings. i know it and i've heard a lot of unnecessary disclaimers and frustrated tones trying to explain things without getting a negative impression out but really i'm sure that they just didn't want to ruin anyones' buzz.

are there any jambands that just plain suck?? i'm sure there are a whole whack of noodly jambands and songy folky jambands and unfocused hippy trance bands(i'm still working on making my lines better guys - bear with me)but i'd still rather go see a crappy jamband that i know i'll have a good time partying with than a band that's way better where the crowd isn't into it and the songs are short. if the band sucks i can still talk to a sweet little hottie that may or may not shave her armpits. doesn't really matter to me if i'm out to enjoy my evening. we've got to be stand up individuals and have integrity with everything we do be it make music, be a critical thinker, or when we're whipping up a batch of potato salad for mom. if we let other people tell us what to do or sway our thoughts then who knows what could happen.

personally, i don't want to eat crappy potato salad but i'd still go see the Red Star Project.

Ah, but some are mearly hairy rodent asses in hippie clothing. They talk the talk, and maybe walked the walk many years ago, but the importance of their status in their scene has brought out an ugly side out of some. They can't be made a fool in front of their peers. Why? Eh, who cares.

Hey there Kung baby, still waiting for my apology for your threat against my person. What's the hold up? Unpucker that hairy rodent ass and own up to being out line by threatening violence on the old `Bonger. After all, these are just message boards, no need to be so nasty.

Cheers to Esau13 for his clearing the air of the obvious and unfortunate Jamhug bad taste posting incident. I'd take 11 Esau13's on my team any day.

I think in all actuality everyone on the board is getting a HUGE apology from me today except, I can't even bring myself to write the name, Uni-Bonger. I guess if the effect I have on others is at all akin to the effect this guy (fucknut) has had on me that's plain scary. I want to go back to the time and place where I never new he existed and hadn't jumped across the species line to this board.

As to apologizing for his having physically raised my ire I'll handle that one by way of a story. Me and my buddy Matty, and a couple trustafarian girls we new went down to see this band called Phish in Fayston, VT at the Sugarbush North Ski Area in '94. We dosed way too early and of course the rest is history but after the show some of the funniest shit went down. This one dude kept walking by saying "Who's goin' ta Boston" but like a cockadoodle doo sound- trust me we were worried we would forget about the entire show and only have this hilarious memory of chicken man. Then right before we pull out some guy whose casting around selling stickers just comes up and gives me one that says 'Luke, Let Go Of Your Hate' without any explanation or money exchanging hands or anything. Then he was just off in the night.

Well obviously the force is pretty damn strong over here on the dark side of the force what with all you milk loving peace outs sucking from the good well. Oh and I guess I just mean to say when some total prick is not even bothering to read what you're saying and needlessly antagonizing (I know Irony) at some point my years of martial arts experience, latent sense of fluidity and motion, dark side type shit comes out and well frankly yeah I think that a good scrap would suit the jam scene well. And physical scraps take place precisely when words have failed. So watch your illiterate ass, and to all you boardies if you just want to have some dude taken out please don't point him out to me as the 'Bonger cause I'd like to get this guy right in my sites.

What the hell is that? Muttering on about chicken men and martial arts? Did anyone actually get an apology out of that? All I know is there was another threat uttered at the `Bong.

"...and to all you boardies if you just want to have some dude taken out please don't point him out to me as the 'Bonger cause I'd like to get this guy right in my sites."

Very uncool, time to take a break dude.

oh now i get it......

i hadn't realized that these were the rantings of yet another anti-eastern canada hippie baiter...

I thought there was some real issues here, rather than a couple of kids in a big fuckin' sandbox.

Wedgie away there bonger, oh, I wouldn't worry about some guy from ontario coming all the way out there to kick your ass, so as I said wedgie away...just do us a favor and clean the shit off your fingers when you are done.

If we had some Sanctuarian(s) who were good at claymation, I'm thinking some kind of "Celebrity Death-Match" thing would be in order. Attempted wedgies, people forced into sissy pants, guitars and basses flung every which way...

Aloha,

Brad

Archived