Jambands.ca

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Jaimoe

I saw the Steve Carell ( The Daily Show ) movie last Saturday night. I'm glad I did. It's freaking hilarious. My fiance and I buckled over with laughter many times in the film. In fact, I laughed myself out after 90 minutes.

Forget crap comedies like Meet The Fockers or Starsky & Hutch, The 40 Year Old Virgin is a great comedy. Director Judd Apatow ( The Ben Stiller Show, The Larry Sanders Show, Freaks & Geeks ) does a great job and the supporting characters are ALL well developed and each have plenty of screen time with funny and important scenes.

This is an adult comedy so be prepared for lots of profanity and lewd jokes and sight-gags. Carell is excellent as the lead character and the script that he co-wrote is of a high " quality ".

The only problem is that the film is a little long. Other than that, I'll give it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars.

Edited by Guest

From Universal (sent out yesterday):

Attention Theatre Manager or Projectionist – Important Information Regarding 40 Year Old Virgin

Judd Apatow, Producer/Director of The 40 Year Old Virgin, has requested that you raise the volume…louder is always funnier.

Please make sure you are at 7.0 decibels or higher to insure the best presentation.

Judd and Universal thank you for your cooperation in this matter.