Jambands.ca

Barrie, Ontario?

gentlemonkey

ha ha :P

Couldn't have said it better myself. :) There's a reason why I leave town every weekend.

There's a cool cd store somewhere downtown as i recall.

You're probably thinking Big John's. Yeah, it was a kick ass store. I heard he closed though. :( I just did a quick search on canada411 that came up with nothing.

best meth in Ontario!

I don't doubt it!

Barrie has it's own "colour" according to some friends

"Colour" is one word for it. Although I think referring to the downtown core as a cockbarn of hyper-alpha-males would probably also fit the bill. Seriously, stay at the wedding. Party at your hotel. There really is very little that this rotten city has to offer. If you do head out, go somewhere (Fitzy's) or something a little more pricey. There are a lot of dance bars on Dunlop St (the main drag) that you probably don't want to be around after closing time (The Foundation and The Roxx especially...possibly the Queens). Friends of mine go for dinner at Oscar's sometimes. It's a lot classier than the others (find it on Bayfield, just a few doors up from Dunlop on the west side). There used to be a jazz club downtown, but that's long gone. :(

There have been weekends in Barrie where cabs wouldn't even come into the downtown! Granted, it's not always a war zone, but when things go sour, they really go sour. It being the tail end of the summer I can see a lot of folks getting wound up and being losers (seems to happen in Orillia this time of year too).

Barrie is the reason that cockrock is still on the radio. For shame!

"Colour" is one word for it. Although I think referring to the downtown core as a cockbarn of hyper-alpha-males would probably also fit the bill. Seriously, stay at the wedding. Party at your hotel. There really is very little that this rotten city has to offer.

best meth in Ontario!

Sounds like I should get out and take a stroll up Dunlop around closing time, if only to further my research on Jocketry... thanks for the tips guys!

bring a glock bro

Oh man, that reminds me of a super freaky story I heard last weekend. A buddy of mine, in Orillia, was stopped at a red light on the main street on a Friday night. Some little downtown punk comes up to his Jeep and lifts his hoodie to reveal what looked like a gun stuffed down the front of his (retardedly baggy!) pants. The kid's super young and my buddy was kind of stunned that this little bastard was gesturing him to get out of his car. This is the MAIN DRAG folks! The kid flashed his piece again and it was only a tattoo of a gun on his lower stomach. What a fucking loser! Really, only in Orillia/Barrie would someone try to hijack a car with a tattoo!!!

The kid took off and my buddy asked around about him all weekend. No luck. :crazy: