Jambands.ca

How Many People Does It Take To Have An Orgy?

MarcO

I would have thought it was more than four.

BISTRO ORGY 4 LOSE JOBS

From Ryan Parry In New York

Four staff at a top restaurant were sacked after being caught on CCTV in an after-hours orgy.

The sex romp involved a male chef, female manager and a waiter and waitress after the restaurant closed. They had no idea they were being filmed by the restaurant's surveillance cameras.

A nightporter later spotted them on film and the next morning told kitchen staff.

One worker said: "Before long the whole kitchen found out and everyone crowded around the monitor to watch the orgy. Everyone was talking about it all day.""

Manager Jeremy Noye, of celebrity US chef Mario Batali's Bistro Du Vent, New York, told staff the four had been fired.

He added: "That's all I'm going to say, and we're going to move on from here. I'm going to let Mario handle this. I'm not in a position to make any official comment at this time.""

Batali, star chef on TV's America's Food Network only recently opened the restaurant in a tough New York suburb. He is said to be furious.

Lazlo wins the "closest to correct" prize (which, as chance so has it, is a poke in the eye). All orgy means is an unrestrained indulgence of any nature. ie. the classic food orgies. More than a single individual isn't necessary.

That said, being invited to an "orgy" and finding only three other people in attendance would be insulting and dissapointing for sure. So despite what I wrote above, I'm casting my vote with the 5 or more crowd ;)

please tell me what is an orgy?, i come from a small town, and never heard of such a thing

i am guessing it has to do with something between married couple,s very private

although my better half is gone, i think i would need people to do or have this orgy.

i do have a lot of jam,s, is that close?

thank you

I'm still trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop

Maybe this will help...

Tootsie Roll Pop: How Many Licks?

Principal Investigator: George Waksman

Data Contributors: George Waksman, Rachel Dillon

Abstract

Since the invention of the Tootsie Roll Pop, many men (and women and owls) have asked the question, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?" Previous research seems to suggest that one can reach the center with three licks and a bite (ref: Mr. Owl), but this does not sufficiently answer the question. Ongoing research is being conducted, and preliminary results have been obtained, towards solving the problem.

Purpose

The purpose of the research that is being conducted is to systematically determine how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.

Method

Materials

1 Tootsie Roll Pop

1 Person

Setup

Unwrap the Tootsie Roll Pop

Procedure

1.Lick* side** of the Tootsie Roll Pop

2.Rotate to other side** of Tootsie Roll Pop

3.Repeat from Step 1 until center is reached***

Record results

* - A lick is when your tongue is run across the Tootsie Rolls Pop; sucking is strictly prohibitted in this experiment. The tongue need not, necessarily, be retracted into the mouth between individual licks, though it has been found to be more pleasant for the experimenter with frequent tongue retraction.

** - Tootsie Roll Pops are shaped in a roughly saucer shape; the broader parts are being referred to as sides

*** - The center is determined to have been reached when licking yields the texture of Tootsie Roll, flavor of Tootsie Roll and the discoloration of Tootsie Roll is visible with reference to the candy portion. This eliminates false positives as a result of bubbles in the candy, oddly textured regions and seeing chocolate through candy

Data

Trial #.. Contributor......Trial Date... Color.. # Of Licks

1....... George Waksman 2004-05-21. Blue..... 474

2....... George Waksman 2004-05-22. Red...... 522

3....... George Waksman 2004-05-23. Dark Red. 233

4....... George Waksman 2004-05-24. Orange... 590

5....... George Waksman 2004-05-24. Purple... 765

6....... George Waksman 2004-05-24. Brown.... 799

7....... George Waksman 2004-05-24. Dark Red. 585

8....... George Waksman 2004-05-25. Blue..... 539

9....... George Waksman 2004-05-29. Dark Red. 610

10...... Rachel Dillon 2004-05-29....... Blue..... 601

11...... George Waksman 2004-05-29. Dark Red. 595

Calculations

Minimum Licks

Since the obtained data represents the licking of both sides, the minimum number of licks for a given Tootsie Roll Pop is half (round up) the number of licks obtained in the trial

Mean

mean.jpg

double sided: x0 = 574

single sided: x0 = 288

Standard Deviation

stddev.jpg

double sided: s = 149

single sided: s = 75

Tabulated

Trial # Total Licks Minimum Licks

1.... 474........... 237

2.... 522........... 261

3.... 233........... 117

4.... 590........... 295

5.... 765........... 383

6.... 799........... 400

7.... 585........... 293

8.... 539........... 270

9.... 610........... 305

10... 601........... 301

11... 595........... 298

Mean 574 288

Std. Dev. 149 75

(I will try to add some graphs once I reach 50 datapoints)

Conclusions

The data suggests that it takes approximately 574 licks to reach the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop when alternating the licking side. Since the procedure calls for equal licking of both sides of the Tootsie Roll Pop and completion is determined by core contact on either side, one could reach the core with fewer licks by focusing on only one side of the Tootsie Roll Pop. If one were to select the side closer to the core, it would theoretically require approximately 288 licks to reach the center.

The data also suggests a substantial variability in the number of licks required to reach the center, with a standard deviation of 149 licks for two sided licking and 75 for single side licking.

Error Sources

The small number of trials makes for a very large standard deviation. The standard deviation is so large, in fact, that it is not reasonable to assume the conclusions are accurate.

Further Research

More trials must be conducted to obtain more data points.

As other possible areas of research, one could look into the effects of tongue size, saliva production, tongue retraction and other variables on the number of licks necessary. The methods contained are easily adapted to further experimentaion.

Outside data contribution

Outside data contributions are accepted and greatly appreciated as long as the outlined procedure is strictly adhered to. Contributions may be made by sending details to waksman@mit.edu. Please include number of licks, trial date, lollipop color and contributors full name as incomplete contributions can not be used (trial duration is optional). Please do not contribute poisoned data.

• 2 months later...