Jambands.ca

Who wants to OINK??

rubberdinghy

I d/l'd a total 64.25 MB off there,was the last leech for three days,so seeing 6 or 7 seeds still there I started downloading another show.This got my account disabled.....strange how they work over there.

Edited by Guest

This was my very first download from OINK & I left my window open,even though no other leeches appeared,so I decided to grab another download where I'd be able to upload (leaving my other window open still),to give back what I got...seems thats not acceptable.My first thought was because I downloaded from another computer,instead of the one I registered from,but was told that wasn't the issue.

According to someone who claimed to be an admin (the email was anonymously sent),since I downloaded a disc (mp3 @ 64MB in total) & hadn't uploaded anything yet,(again no leeches to up to) I am not allowed to download anything more,until the 64MB was upped.

Just doesn't make a lick of sense to me,I certianly won't beg or suck up to get back there,although,I'd only have to get my IP changed & get another invite.

This was my very first download from OINK & I left my window open,even though no other leeches appeared,so I decided to grab another download where I'd be able to upload (leaving my other window open still),to give back what I got...seems thats not acceptable.My first thought was because I downloaded from another computer,instead of the one I registered from,but was told that wasn't the issue.

According to someone who claimed to be an admin (the email was anonymously sent),since I downloaded a disc (mp3 @ 64MB in total) & hadn't uploaded anything yet,(again no leeches to up to) I am not allowed to download anything more,until the 64MB was upped.

Just doesn't make a lick of sense to me,I certianly won't beg or suck up to get back there,although,I'd only have to get my IP changed & get another invite.

From what I was told, they give you a week to set yourself up with a decent ratio. Still, it makes no sense to be stuck with a torrent that no one is leeching. 64 megs? That just doesn't seem right. Just charm them with emails. I did that on another site that banned me. I was banned because I offered to trade an invite from there for ...funny enough.... an oinK invite. This one site has a no tolerance factor for mentioning it on any website. At the time, I didn't know I couldn't offer up a trade, and to this day I have no idea how they found out I did that, except that maybe someone on the IRC chat snitched.

Long story short, I emailed, said I wasn't aware of the rule, pointed out my excellent ratio, and I was back in. Pride intact ;)

From what I was told, they give you a week to set yourself up with a decent ratio. Still, it makes no sense to be stuck with a torrent that no one is leeching. 64 megs? That just doesn't seem right. Just charm them with emails. I did that on another site that banned me. I was banned because I offered to trade an invite from there for ...funny enough.... an oinK invite. This one site has a no tolerance factor for mentioning it on any website. At the time, I didn't know I couldn't offer up a trade, and to this day I have no idea how they found out I did that, except that maybe someone on the IRC chat snitched.

Long story short, I emailed, said I wasn't aware of the rule, pointed out my excellent ratio, and I was back in. Pride intact ;)

Cazy thing is Mike,I had the account less then a week & this was my only torrent I had downloaded.

here's the only tip I have. use the browse feature and then sort by leechers (the down arrow column).

Find a torrent that has lots of leechers which equals a high demand and start leeching and seeding. Let it go as long as you see a leecher and get your share ratio up.

This is best for starting a new account. Try and find one of them 7 gig torrents. There are a few that constantly have leechers.

here's the only tip I have. use the browse feature and then sort by leechers (the down arrow column).

Find a torrent that has lots of leechers which equals a high demand and start leeching and seeding. Let it go as long as you see a leecher and get your share ratio up.

This is best for starting a new account. Try and find one of them 7 gig torrents. There are a few that constantly have leechers.

The second torrent I started (while the first was still open) was 5+ GB with many leeches.

Like I said,I downloaded a grand total of 64 MB,fuck,most jamband/rock songs in FLAC are almost that.

I was all set up to start seeding 2+ GB in FLAC of live Dylan (5 night stand with soundchecks from 78)...and I always let my seed ratio go twice what I d/l anyway...

All I had to do was go into the chat on the main page and there I found a guy named "Fractal" seems to be the guy in charge. Just told him the truth, Dl'ed a bunch of shit with the intent to upload, then lost my hard drive, now I'm starting from scratch. He re-activated my account and gave me 5 days to make up 5 gigs. But I think he'll cut me a break I'm uploading 13 shows and seeding another 25 currently.

Just get in touch with this guy Esau he'll help you out. Oink folk are good folk.

So,because I downloaded 64MB worth of crappy mp3s (awful quality) I may have to upload some many GB in a certian amount of time? Thats bullshit in my opinion given the type of stuff on there and I did email the admin,was told I was out of luck,I should have shared....64MB..come on.

Fuck em,I can buy my albums at the music store anyway.No big deal to me really,just baffles my mind is all.

Edited by Guest

Ok,that makes some more sense,but still,I'm not going try & justify or even convince/plead etc to the admin for anything since I don't feel I did a thing wrong.Hell,I got the account about a week ago only,hadn't downloaded a thing until last night, but to get a 1:1 ratio a person has to actually have some time to seed.At 11pm last night I had an account,at 7:30am this morning I didn't.

Oh well,thanks for the input guys,don't mean to sound off at ya,just doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Cheers