Jambands.ca

Bad gas

bouche

I'm super curious about the impacts of veggie oils and other alternatives. About the impact on my car and the planet.

I used ethonal(sp?) in my old car but my mechanic said it rots the lines....

Its not very nice of me but I'm just not that nice anymore...I'm kinda getting a twisted joy pointing and laughing at all the GIGANTIC SUVs with one driver, cruising along the smooth 417.

Someone gave me a ticket printed in adbusters...its a fake violation notice, blaming motorists for climate change, oil conflict, depletion of non-renewable resources, enviro clean up costs, time wasted in traffic, endangering bicyclists and pedestrians, noise pollution, and smog related health problems.

the reverse of the ticket includes this quote which i thaught would be nice to share:

"Consider the man on horseback, and I have been a man on horseback for most of my life. Well, mostly he is a good man, but there is a change in him as soon as he mounts. Every man on horseback is an arrogant man, however gentle he may be on foot.

The man in the automobile is one thousand times as dangerous. I tell you, it will engender absolute selfishness in mankind if the driving of automobiles becomes common. It will breed violence on a scale never seen before. It will mark the end of family as we know it, the thee or four generations living happily in one home. It will destroy the sense of neighbourhood and the true sense of Nation. It will create giantized cankers of cities, false opulence of suburbs, ruinized countryside, and unhealthy conglomerations of specialized farming and manufacturing. It will make every man a tyrant."

R.A. Lafferty

(Mr. Lafferty's testimonial was written in the late ninetheenth century. His views were considered alarmist and foolish in his day.)

Edited by Guest

GWB sound bite on the news last night:

"Don't buy gas if you don't need it".

Let's think about this for a moment:

People who don't need gas are those who don't have a car, or those who have close to a full tank.

People who do need gas are those driving around with a quarter tank or less.

It's been that way since the invention of the automobile!

GWB's profound proclamation does nothing to reduce consumption.

Carolyn Parrish was right.

GWB sound bite on the news last night:

"Don't buy gas if you don't need it".

Let's think about this for a moment:

People who don't need gas are those who don't have a car, or those who have close to a full tank.

People who do need gas are those driving around with a quarter tank or less.

It's been that way since the invention of the automobile!

GWB's profound proclamation does nothing to reduce consumption.

Carolyn Parrish was right.

Yeah, those be exactly my thoughts as well.

everyone with a car NEEDS gas. Unfortunately, there are people that need gas more than others because they own GUZZLERS. They should make it illegal to drive around guzzlers at a time like this. Ticket the mafuggers!