Jambands.ca

It Is Time

Biggest Fan

Ode to those who throw a 'blanket' over Americans.

Americans our forced to pull themselves up by the 'boot straps' in having to deal with a disaster as big as 9/11 or Pearl Harbor.

With the politics of GWB, I would laugh if it was not for the fact that it is hard to not start crying for the victims of...

I do not have the chance to listen/watch what is going on (as such I might be pulling this out of context)but the qoute i hear from our leader is the we need to be prudent and 'only buy the gasoline we need'. What the fu@k...

I guess I am to now to understand that we have an 'official' energy crisis. The plan (behind closed doors)more 'black top' in Alaska.

I am a Libra: Loss of life-v-the cost of gasoline. Fu@k the wildlife in Alaska.

I cannot read 'blogs' so I will stop now.

I love America and Americans.

Edited by Guest

I am trying to understand this.

Is the point of your post that the United States should continue to burn as much fossil fuels as it has traditionally, despite the world-energy-crisis? All that need be done is pillage some more untouched land in Alaska; so no problem?

I mean no offense. I am truly trying to understand what you wrote here.

I think I'm dense. I tried to read the post "ironically". Still don't get it.

Edit to add:

Okay, I think I get it now. Are you quoting from something Bush said today? (I've been at work all day, so I didn't see him speaking.)

Edited by Guest
I think I get it!

To 'hamilton': If I edit my post I am 'trying' to do some spell check.

To 'StonMtn': #1 I will not get to upset if we (americans) are paying more at the pump. My only 'next door neighbor' works for our railroad and GWB has not supported this 'alternative' as much as I would like.

-n- #2 No GWB still does not get it, as far as having a real long term 'energy policy'.

The 'bees in (my)the bonnet' have been disturbed for a while but this is the first time that I am so angry with the course of events that I have pulled out the F... bomb.

as much as i hate to see gas prices so high....it sure does make public transportation seem a lot better. $30-35 round trip in gas from hammer to TO or $17.20 for a round trip ticket on GO transit. even add in $4.20 (ha ha) for your round trip bus fair in hammer and $5.00 in round trip ttc fair and you're lookin at a total of $26.40 and you don't have to deal with traffic or parking.

now that i haven't been driving for 2 months, i'm thinking once the car is back up and running i still won't use it that often. it feels good not to be contributing to smog and traffic and investing in public transit. if more people used public transportation, routes and services could be better and fares lowered. even still with the price of gas...who can friggen complain about $5.00 round trip anywhere now? and if you get yourself a pass you save BIG time.

i dunno...never thought i wouldn't be upset at high gas prices...but i'm just not feelin that angry. never thought i'd be an advocate for public transportation...but i'm startin to feel it.

and i know this will give people a big hate on...and it's kind of off topic, but i really like some of what's coming out of the conservative camp lately. especially their transit policy, tax credits for public transit users.

edit to add: i realize this post is probably in the wrong thread...but i don't care. maybe if george w didn't encourage shitty fuel economy maybe americans wouldn't need so much gas.

the best thing about not smoking pot for a few days...is how high you get when you finally do. that is all.

Edited by Guest

Asking Americans to 'be prudent' and to 'only buy gas if you need it' doesn't sound like a plea to conserve at all. I'm sure EVERYONE believes that they NEED gas. They own/lease a car because they need it and the car needs gas to drive.

There's 2 needs to justify buying gas. I'm sure that it just so happens many americans need an SUV or a Humvee.

I am a Libra: Loss of life-v-the cost of gasoline. Fu@k the wildlife in Alaska.

emhammer.gif

No doubt you have never been there.And obviously have absolutely no idea of the people there, not Americans,but Inuit who live there and the effect that actions like drilling for oil,paving the landscape & attitudes like yours have on these peoples way of life (hunting),language,survival & resources (ie: wildlife,water). Now thats what I call "loss of life".

So,fuck them,pave over them and displace them so you get a better price at the gas station.And you expect people not to "blanket" Americans?

Why is it ya'll south of 49 think you (Americans) are the only people up there?

I love Canada,Canadians & the indegious peoples of North America.But my love for [some] Americans is slowly dissipating.

To Esau: I am sorry if I offended you. I should quit trying to be sarcastic over the www.

I am sick and tired of oil being an issue. If I was the leader of 'the world' I would make sure Americans were never able to buy gasoline for under $3 again. My biggest fear at this point is that people might start looking 'north' instead of looking to fix the problem.

GWB Energy Policy

#4 Why wait for your car to run out of gas and push.

#5 When ever possible if you need to travel fly. We all know planes do not use gasoline to fly.

To Biggest Fan:

Please don't confuse Irony for Sarcasm. That will confuse Esau and many other people into thinking that you're serious. As well, please use the PURPLE color code when attempting sarcasm on here. It will not be mistaken otherwise.

BTW, thanks for the US presence here. It's very much needed.

My biggest fear at this point is that people might start looking 'north' instead of looking to fix the problem.

Might start looking north? I see I was correct with my assumption,you clearly have no idea whats going on up there.

bouche,

Thanks but I can speak for myself and if I was confused it was directly due to the incoherency at the beginning of this thread more so then the claimed saracsm of the post.