Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Stn. Mtn!!!!

Hux

Dear StoneMtn,

I'm so sorry I missed your "cake next to your name" day. Alas & alack, I haven't computer access on the weekends--which means not only can I not wish people happy birthdays on Saturday and Sunday, but the revolution I'm planning will be significantly delayed.

Did you know that if there was a Sanctuary phone book, we'd be right beside each other? It's true.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I wish you a year full of merriment, mirth and (legalized) debauchery. Can't wait to see you in Toronto--I suspect that once we meet, you might just usurp Kaidy Mae as my NBF (New Best Friend)!!

Yay for you being born!

Love,

Stoned Phillips

StoneMtn, it has been such an amazing pleasure to get to know you this year. You are the kindest damn lawyer I have ever met! :P

Sorry I'm a little late on this thread. I was out east, but perhaps I'll be out west this winter and we can get snowboarding injuries together. Hehehe.

I truly hope you had a beautiful day. Thank you for your wit and compassion and for posting some of the funniest, most interesting and informative posts on here. You rock, my friend. Be sure to let me know the next time you'll be in good ol' Orillia. I'll introduce you and Lassie to the [color:purple]hoppin' nightlife.

[color:red]H[color:blue]A[color:red]P[color:blue]P[color:red]Y [color:blue]B[color:red]I[color:blue]R[color:red]T[color:blue]H[color:red]D[color:blue]A[color:red]Y [color:blue]S[color:red]T[color:blue]O[color:red]N[color:blue]E[color:red]M[color:blue]T[color:red]N[color:blue]![color:red]![color:blue]!

sonline.gif

I suspect that once we meet, you might just usurp Kaidy Mae as my NBF (New Best Friend)!!

:o Yeah. *shrug* Probably. :P

Edited by Guest
I just saw Julia's post.

Soooooooooo…. It looks like I’m up to Round #2 of thank-yous…

CookieMonster: I don’t think we’ve met, but you are undoubtedly a good Skanc, with only positive posts coming out of that keyboard. Thanks for joining us on our bizarre little board and thanks for the birthday wishes.

Bokonon: (or should I say Yokonon?) Thanks for the wishes, sistah! Re your questions: yes, older; no, stupider; yes, but not “better lookingâ€; yes, but only by trial and error (which is often painful!) … and finally, I don’t know about well-aged, but I’m at least whiney.

Timouse: One of my two favourite rodents (next to my own pets). I thank you for the good wishes, and for all of the insightful comments you impart to us daily.

C-Towns: One of my western brothers (or close enough). Check out upstreamentertainment.com, and you will see that I also hope to be meeting you at .moe/Mule. I look forward to it!

BradM: Thanks, my friend, for the birthday wishes and your inspiring well-intentioned comments every day. Truly one of the good ones.

Lazlo: Hugs and kisses brotha!!!!

smoothedshredder: I’m not sure what “double cheers†amounts to, but it must be twice as good as the usual! Thanks man!

Lassie: The love of my life and the only reason most people put up with me in person. “Forever!!!â€

Velvet: The man who will never let me live down the day I put my foot in my mouth at a Jethro Tull show, lo so many years ago…. A true brother. A true friend. Thanks for the wishes. Love ya; man!

Beats: Does anyone know a good exterminator? My house is infested with Canned Beats!

Deeps: The thunderous one, with politically-correct thought-provoking posts. You are another great addition to this board, and a man whose opinion I always respect. Thanks for the wishes bro.

Douglas: Practically royalty among the Skancs, but she still takes the time out of her busy schedule to wish lowly, little me a happy birthday. I am truly honoured. Thanks Lyne!

Ollie: Thanks bro! The avatar thing is not yet decided, but I think I may post a little poll on whether or not to bring back the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. I was thinking of moving away from the whole lawyer-theme, and just be thought of as more of a normal person, but I think a poll on the avatar-preference might be in order. Thanks for the good birthday thoughts man!

peipunk: Instead of coming back to visit, the guy just keeps moving further east. I’m getting a little pissed off! Get yerass out here ya punk! Thanks for the birthday wishes bro.

MarcO: Another Skanc with whose opinions I rarely disagree. Thanks for the wishes man, and I look forward to the day we meet.

StonedPhillips: Wow! Potential NBF? Followed up by walks on the beach, candlelight, and puppies? Maybe my dirty little imagination is just running wild, here, but I think I’m really looking forward to whatever the stage is after that one! Thanks Julia. See ya in November!

Basher: Another legendary Skanc I’m yet to meet. November brother! Thanks for the wishes, and I look forward to the day we bash together.

KaidyMae: The sweetest little thing to hit the Skanc in ages. I am honoured to call you a friend, and as you know will always be in your debt. Thanks for the wishes!

Steve from Cleveland: Brother! Thanks for the international birthday wishes. In actual fact, I don’t think Caesars would’ve been the right cure for that particular hangover, and would probably have just resulted in staining everything within 3 feet with projectile, red, regurgitated… Okay, gettin’ a little too graphic. Thanks for the birthday wishes my friend.

GentleMonkey: Hahahahaha! I also have a friend I will never forgive for G.G. Allin. But, at least you can now say that you will never be offended worse. He’s got to be rock-bottom! Thanks for the wishes, bro. (I think I know who you are, but I’m not sure. Are we friends from way back?)

Freeker: Thanks man! You always have kind words, and amusing comments, and I thank you for the birthday wishes. I look forward to when our paths cross again.

BackBacon: Thanks for the wishes. It has been cool getting to know you a little better lately through the PMs, and I hope we continue to grow acquainted. I appreciate the birthday greeting.

Thanks everyone.

sm

Allow me to say three things:

-you know gentlemonkey from when we'd come out there and sleep on your couches; drummer

-I too don't think I can ever forgive you for the GG Allen thing. Stop doing that.

-that Jethro Tull faux pas is one of my favourite Corey memories. I know, I'm a bastard.

Happy birthday, Corey!! I wish I were hooked up at home and not on a library-timed computer right now so I could give a proper howyado, but for now, suffice to say that it's been great to have come into orbit, and I can't wait to finally cross real paths with you before long (hey, Wakefest this weekend, if you can grab a standby ticket ;) ).

Dave

So, the third and final round of thank yous for this year...

Dr._Evil_Mouse: My other favourite rodent. You have brought much to this board in the last half-year or so since you've been around, and I'm glad you're here. Hopefully we'll meet the next time I hit Ontario. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

phorbesie: I also look forward to meeting you. Thanks for the multi-coloured birthday wish, and I believe you have the honour of being the final birthday wish for me this year. Yes; life is grand!

Thanks again, Skancs.

-sm

I must admit, I was a little curious about the whereabouts of the infamous Calamity Jane in my birthday thread...

Deb: Thanks for the wishes. You and the evil mouse are among those at the top of my list of "must-meets". By the way, in case you're wondering what the hell StoneMtn is doing about sending you that disc, I have a good excuse. It's in Lassie's car, and I only ever think of dubbing it when I'm home alone (when her car is out). I will be more diligent, though, and get that into the house, burned, and mailed out next week. I swear!

Thanks for the wishes. [color:purple]You guys sure know how to make a girl feel special...