Jambands.ca

Symphonies In Orbit...

can-o-phish

The last long weekend of summer may have passed but the Sisters are still given'r at the Orbit as always!

Very cool to meet and yak with Guitarchitect who has relocated here from Ottawa...T-Dot has lost an Evil Mouse & Calamity Jane but has picked up another musical soul who is going to uploading some of the best Sisters evenings from the past two years...thanks so much for this!

I've put up this Monday's "Parkdale Symphony" in mp3 format, sorry bradm - but you should still be able to hear that "wall of sound"!!! ;):P Definitely one of my favourite Sisters tunes by far and guaranteed to get you through your Hump-Day!

Follow this link, scroll to the bottom, click on the Sisters pic and enjoy!

Parkdale Symphony

Does anybody have any keyboard cleaner they can spare? Mine seems kinda gummed up after listening to that.

My Lord, people need to hear this. When the song started, I almost expected to hear a majestic voice proclaim, "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends..." but then it broke into that breakneck shuffle, car-chase-soundtrack thing, and I got lost, happily. There's a heavy amount of intensity in the music and the playing, not anger per se, just a realease of pentupness. An Ottawa show should be arranged at the band's earliest convenience. Extra tarps will be provided for the band, and umbrellas will be available for rent at a modest fee at the door.

Aloha,

Brad

My Lord, people need to hear this. When the song started, I almost expected to hear a majestic voice proclaim, "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends..." but then it broke into that breakneck shuffle, car-chase-soundtrack thing, and I got lost, happily.

You ain't kidding! Good stuff.

When I hear that B3 I can't help but think of Brent or Melvin and imagine the possibilities.

One question I forgot to ask after the previous Ottawa show: have SE ever done "Goodbye Porkpie Hat" (esp. Jeff Beck's version of it)? One of the songs they did that night (it might have been the opener) reminded me of it.

Can't say I've heard it but certainly wouldn't surprise me as Kevin definitely has some of Beck's technique incorporated into his own...