Jambands.ca

Dead/Mike Rumour

Chewie

from PT...kinda interesting

Allright, so I got a chance to talk briefly with Mike the other night when he sat in with the Duo in Burlington. I ran into him down the street from Higher Ground, he was walking with some girl, he said he was just checking things out since he hadn't been around Burlington for a little while. I asked if he had any plans in the near future, ie music, movies etc. He said that he had just gotten a call from Bob Weir to come play bass at the Jerry tribute at the end of the month. He said he guessed that there was some disagreement between Phil and Bobby again, thats why Phil wasn't going to do it. The big news is that he also said that Booby asked him to play bass for the Dead's 40th aniversary run, which was going to be annouced soon, and is going to take place in NOV/Dec. He said he wasnt really sure if he wanted to do it b/c he was really close to phil, but Bobby said that he was the only bass player they would have to take phil's place, so he said the annoucement was going to be made soon. I asked him if he had talked to any of the other guys recently, and what he thought of Trey's new stuff. He said he really enjoyed playing with Trey in NOLA @ Jazzfest(mind you this was before all the events of the past week)But, when he saw trey at bonnaroo, he was surprised at the way his set went, I said "not too good", and he just smiled, but he says that trey asked him to help him do a music video for his album, which Mike is still considering b/c he doesn't know is trey will let him "do his own thing" I could tell at this point, his female companion was getting antsy, so I said it was great meeting him, and took off with quite the interesting bit of knowledge, so take it as you will

The big news is that he also said that Booby asked him to play bass for the Dead's 40th aniversary run, which was going to be annouced soon, and is going to take place in NOV/Dec. He said he wasnt really sure if he wanted to do it b/c he was really close to phil, but Bobby said that he was the only bass player they would have to take phil's place

Really? Where's Rob Wasserman these days?

Good ole Phantasy Tour:

"so i wake up this a.m. next to my doritos eating hippo of a girl friend and go to let the dogs out, as i walk down the stairs i smell weed and hear the t.v. one of my roommates works third shift, so it is not unusual for me to see 3-4 people sitting around on 15-17 vicodin or blowing back 80 mg oxys..but this morning was different..i could sense that something was a little "off"...anyway i get to the bottom the stairs and i hear, "hey whats up?" i am in my boxers and a t shirt and i dont see my roommate, i ask them where "tim" is..who is tim one of the weed skeezers says. i said he was my roommate and i asked if he brought them home last night to party...they said they thought the dude who brought them home name was "harry" which it wasnt..and their friend "skeezer" was up in the bedroom with "harry" and she was sure they werent sleeping..tee hee. then i saw to my horrible dismay that i had left my jar out and it was sitting on the coffee table and the lid was open...one of the girls says that's some good weed...and the other one said, "yeah man..i am high as hell..do you have anything to drink, i said i think there is some pop in the fridge..nope they drank that already...i got the pringles and ho ho's for my girl and went and took a shower..

i still feel dirty and like someone is at my house right now looking for where i hide my bubbler"

Sounds less like "The Dead" and more like "Rat Dog with special guests Mickey and Bill" to me. I think it would be ridiculous to have a GD 40th ainniversary hootenany without Phil, but then again Bobby isn't calling me much these days to ask my opinion either. It's also just a PT rumour at this point, and those tend to have about a 7% conversion to truth rate.

The big news is that he also said that Booby asked him to play bass for the Dead's 40th aniversary run, which was going to be annouced soon, and is going to take place in NOV/Dec. He said he wasnt really sure if he wanted to do it b/c he was really close to phil, but Bobby said that he was the only bass player they would have to take phil's place

Really? Where's Rob Wasserman these days?

I'm pretty sure that I can make time in November and December. Heck, I know all of Phil's parts! Anyone got Bobby's number? ;)