Jambands.ca

ULTRA MAGNUS/WHAT THE THUNDER SAID:GYPSY CO-OP:FRIDAY.SEPT.16th.10pm

SmoothedShredder

well, that was a fat heap of Kickass.

cool night, in a not quite ready gypsy. its coming along though, and real cool of the venue to accomodate us mid-renos.

got there later than had been expected, but renos had delayed everything anyway, so still on time.

once again, WTTSaid whooped me around. these guys are so much fun, and the song structures are very clever. "Monsoon" was the real highlight for me, blazing version with an abundance of twists and turns, and into "bounce" to, IIRC, close the set.

again, cant wait already for the return of this musical feast.

(JAY, YOU REALLY SHOULD TRY TO GET EM BACK TO TOWN FOR THE 28TH OF OCTOBER, WOULD BE A GREAT FIT) :)

Ultra Magnus, i will need to see again. the set was good, but with the same problem that befalls the bands who invariably have to follow Jomomma at shows. WTTSaid kicked my butt hard enough, that it would have taken Fela himself rising from his funky grave to entertain me. Still, the set was tight, great interplay between the horns. as i said, ultra magnus will need to be seen again.

kaidy/brinapple/lacey, glad you all made it down. of course your all still asleep her in my house, but thats ok, cuz i can watch chelsea whoop charlton in this wonderful soccer match, and then wake you in a bit, hope yer sleeping well.

another aside, nice to meet fraser from WTTSaid last night, now, stop lurking and post here. :P

ok, back to soccer. welcome back gypsy co-op, you have been missed.

now, if only there was some form of pirate-themed madness going on.

oh, wait.......

:)

I'm not ready for the pirate themed madness yet!!! :o

Oh man, what a crazy show that was last night. WTTS, I am so fucking impressed with you cats. Deeps, you're a rockstar dude. I only wish the renos had been done and the lights set up properly so that I could get some more shots. If any turn out I'll post them this week.

Okay, so I've missed 4:20 and poor slippery had to wait all day for my lazy ass to get up. Time to eat some toast and head down to JJ and to the pirate festivities. Hurray!!!

oh, so good to hear y'all had a blast!

so I guess I can start the count: this is show ONE that I wish I didn't miss by moving outta T.O. (And boy are we gonna miss gypsy mondays, too...) glad to hear WTTS kicked it again! I'm also a big fan of 'bounce', and damn it, Deeps, I still don't have a disc! must remember to get one next time our orbits cross. (btw, Deeps, you & Sara think you can make it to the housewarming Oct 1st?)

ah well, we had some stellar all-night Hull jams to entertain us last night.

...and I'm here to witness/say that Headymamamyna can friggin' out-party just about that whole crew....Sharon, Booche & Douglas had already called it a night (at 3 or something, but Myrna and I, Dave & Mike had the 5 am staying power!!!)

Way to go Myrna! ;) Your sons are rookies! :P

Deb, in honour of Dr. Evil Mouse's birthday, we named the pineapple "Dave". It sat happily with Jay at the door of the Gypsy all night. It was great to celebrate his birthday with him. :D

However, when our mangled brains decided it was time to head home, "Dave" was nowhere to be found. :o *gasp*

Rumours were floating around that he may have run off with some tramp, or that he had met a fate similar to that of "Kaidy Mae Pineapple". In the end, it appears that he has been kidnapped. We haven't heard anything about a ransom yet.

In other news, we named Saturday night's pineapple "Deb". Margaret ate you.

We gotta Guelph show @ the Jimmy Jazz on Oct 1 Deb so we won't be able to help.

Thanks for the invite and we'll drop by and add our designs when we cross again.

Thank you all who enjoyed the show and had such nice things to say. It was a great draw and a great vibe to get the show thrown together the way we did.

It was truly a collective effort from Ultra Magnus, WTTS, and the Gypsy staff....hauling couches, music gear, tables, wiping stuff down, getting the bar set.

I think the bar next store hosted quite well, the people who waited patiently for us to throw it all together.

Great time with a good draw in T.O. Feeling good about coming back and rocking some more.

Tonight I's ofta Peterborough!

Deeps

Ps Farm Aid kicked ASS!

Edited by Guest