Jambands.ca

Cuff The Duke CD Release Party @ Lee's Palace Friday

Jaimoe

Anyone going? I'll be there. I just bought 5 tickets, but the show will sell-out either by the end of tonight, or early tomorrow. Rotate This is sold out of tickets and the Horseshoe has two left - I bought mine there.

Cuff The Duke are a really good band. I don't know their music very well at all, but I like their brand of cow-punk. It should be a good show.

How was the opening band The Rest whitey?

THE REST are a fantastic indie-pop act from Hamilton/Burlington. They've played numerous shows at Casbah/Underground with the likes of some cool cool bands.

Cuff (thrice), Jim Guthrie, Holy Cross, Saturday Looks Good To Me, Of Montreal etc etc.

I don't think they are playing other Cuff shows on this leg of dates though.

http://www.therestmusic.com

Soundscapes may have tickets, but I can assure you that Rotate This and The Horseshoe are sold out - I was at both places yesterday.

You can try the door at Lee's, but you will probably be out of luck. This is a CD release party afterall. I got lucky yesterday with tickets.

I just got home. A fantastic sold-out show. This band is the real deal. A slice of alt-country, cow-punk, 70's Crazy Horse and art rock all rolled into one. I highly recommend these guys. They didn't play one weak song in their 85 minute concert - this is a delightful rarity. Canadian indie music has never been stronger in my life-time as it is now, thanks to Broken Social Scene, Cuff The Duke, The Constantines, The Illuminatti, The Arcade Fire etc...