Jambands.ca

Pens to sign Crosby

ollie

Guest Low Roller

penguins_66970.jpg

Anybody notice that the Penguin logo is all blurry while the rest of the picture is sharp? What's up with that?

Oh, and I'll leave the obvious Michael Jackson/pedophile priest similies out of this discussion.

Anybody notice that the Penguin logo is all blurry while the rest of the picture is sharp? What's up with that?

yep. i noticed. after some careful inspection, i'd say the photographer (for no logical reason) has used a softening filter of sorts... perhaps a wedding filter, or a radial soft-focus.. whatever the case... its the only thing that makes sense being that the logo on the shoulder is almost in line with sid's face, which is in focus, and mario is in focus in the background, eliminating the possibility of a depth of field issue. the idea of using photoshop to blur that makes absolutely no sense, and im not suspecting motion blur here, either. so there you have it. notice, too, mario's forearm: also blurry.

im a photo nerd. it's the second thing i noticed after the piss poor lighting. i hope that photographer didnt get paid and had his membership revoked.

you're photographing mario fucking lemieux and sidney crosby, together, and thats the best you can do? asshole.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

Withouy Crosby in the line-up, the Oceanic de Rimouski lost 10-0 to the Remparts de Quebec in pre-season action in the LHJMQ. The Oceanic won the playoffs last year (and made it to the finals of the Memorial Cup), we'll see how they do without their superstar.

In other interesting news, The Remparts de Quebec have a pretty cool logo, and Patrick Roy is the General Manager... huh.. who knew?

990421Ia.gif