Jambands.ca

Coming to the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto

Steve from Cleveland

I just saw this exhibit at the Great Lakes Science Center, here in Cleveland. Honestly, the BEST museum exhibit I think I've ever seen (Well, maybe science-related anyhow). Anyhow, I saw that it is going to Toronto next, and I HIGHLY recommend that as many of you go see it as possible.

It is a FASCINATING look into the human body. Strangely intriguing, if not a bit morbid and disturbing. Honestly. I can't say enough great things about it.

Again, I strongly encourage you guys to check it out...!

The Body Worlds Website

Steve

I just saw this exhibit at the Great Lakes Science Center, here in Cleveland. Honestly, the BEST museum exhibit I think I've ever seen (Well, maybe science-related anyhow). Anyhow, I saw that it is going to Toronto next, and I HIGHLY recommend that as many of you go see it as possible.

It is a FASCINATING look into the human body. Strangely intriguing, if not a bit morbid and disturbing. Honestly. I can't say enough great things about it.

Again, I strongly encourage you guys to check it out...!

The Body Worlds Website

Steve

woo hoo! niffermouse and i will be there to see it for sure...she's been talking about this for ages.

it's been quite contoversial in europe, lots of folks are morally opposed to displaying dead people in public...but as it's done it's an incredible teaching tool, and well, a way to see people like you've never seen them before. if you've ever wondered what your insides look like, go see this exhibit.

THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH

I was once lucky enough to get sneaked into the Grant Room at U of T, where they have tons of body stuff for the med students to check out. I got to hold a guys head (in a jar; I called him Bob - haha), which was pretty neat, and I thought the baby skulls were really cute (I'm not normally a sicko - hey, it's not like these people were murdered for this - anyway, the baby skulls looked like Jack Skelton from Nightmare Before Christmas), but most fascinating were the cross-sections. Imagine a dead dude lying on a table, and they take a big chopping thing and go chopchopchopchop all the way down his body head to toe, about and inch and-a-half per chop. Then you take the chopped roundish chunks and put them between glass. It's a really neat way to view the body; they had a whole guy and a whole girl there. On the abdomen bits you'll see the circle of skin and layer of fat inside it, then there's the spine and the top of the stomach with a bit of the liver over there and so on. People are really full, I'll tell ya that.

Anywho, if this thing is anything like the Grant Room, you should go. I thought I would be kinda weirded out but the stuff is fairly far removed from everyday life so it's pretty easy to shut down the creepy factor in yer brains.

Anywho, if this thing is anything like the Grant Room, you should go. I thought I would be kinda weirded out but the stuff is fairly far removed from everyday life so it's pretty easy to shut down the creepy factor in yer brains.

This definately IS kindof creepy. And they have many of these whole-body plastinates posed into doing sports-related tasks, so it IS pretty realistic and life-like... Anoyhow, glad to hear that some poeple for sure are going... I can NOT wait to get some impressions/reactions...

Steve