Jambands.ca

Let's Get Hookah Up Here Once and For All!

backbacon

Yes, it is hard to justify spending huge bucks when there is lots of great (Canadian) talent out there. How about

Caution Jam

Blue Quarter

Wassabi Collective

Recipe From A Small Planet

Passenger

Erin Smith Band

and many others ...

and I know that there is a whole host of less expensive U.S. bands that would fit right in.

Having said that, it would be really cool to bring in a bigger act to blow some minds.

I'm up to 4 cents in this thread.

Peace, Mark

I think maybe we should keep it local too, with hookah the tix will definitly go up, and thats all good but i bet the turnout would be smaller

not like my opinion counts but i think 2nd tube hit it on the head with that list,, especially sanislos band,, they need to jam once again, that new bass player is soundin good

and burt, i cant wait to se burt again

A US bands asking price means nothing, send them an offer with the best you can do and see what happens. The worst thing is they say "no way" right?

Sounds like that is what it will come to. If a reasonable offer is made than the band has to decide if and how badly they want to expand their exposure in new markets. No doubt Hookah would snag a few more fans if they played up here, but they will probably never have the fan base that they have in Ohio unless they are willing to make some concessions and take their music to new locations.

And I also agree - Kim Mitchell is definitely cool [Cool]

I went through the same thing trying to book The Big Wu and Dark Star. Both bands got really good exposure back in '99 and 2000. Now because they do so well already in many markets they don't have much insentive to come up our way.

Dark Star's agent told me that they are all terrified of crossing the border as well. This I can't comprehend because there are plenty more "shady" looking artists crossing everyday. It's not like R Kelly is in the band!

Archived