Jambands.ca

The Sadies are the best band in the world

AD

I will post more about my trip out east with the Sadies when I have more time, but I just thought I'd mention that they are, in fact, the greatest band in the world right now.

That is all.

AD

what about The Frontier Index??

gotta love The Sadies...especially when mom & dad get up and sing their wicked good gospel tunes :) :)

The Frontier Index played 3 super-solid shows opening for the Sadies on the weekend, and are sounding better than ever. They are definitely good, but the Sadies, man, they are just a killer band. I think Saturday in Halifax was my 10th Sadies show this year.

They are unbelievable musicians, and some of the nicest funniest guys around too.

AD

Hard to argue with AD's proclamation after the show we saw on Friday night! The Sadies must have pumped out 30+ songs (some of them even exceeded the 3 minute mark!), plus another 8-10 as an encore.

Covers included Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil), Astronomy Domine (Floyd!!), Lazy Days (Parsons), Wasn't Born to Follow (Byrds), something from the Nashville West Album and traditional tunes like Pretty Polly and There’s A Higher Power.

I've seen The Sadies a number of times over the years, but that was by far the most I've ever enjoyed them.

One other note - AD isn't full of shit. ;) The Frontier Index kicks ass. They've got an awesome Gram Parsons/The Band vibe going on, complete with singer drummer a la Levon.

They are unbelievable musicians, and some of the nicest funniest guys around too.

AD

Well put Ad. The Sadies are true canadian road warriors. They've crossed this fair land of ours more times than the CNR and with more style. A class act all the way.