Jambands.ca

Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey - Nov. 15 @ PJC

briguy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This band blew my mind at the May Come Together Festival! They aren't for everybody, as they take the listener on a jazz odyssey, but the 3 players in this band are phenomenal musicians.

If you go, I highly recommend carefully watching the band as they play. It definitely adds to the experience. Try spending a good chunk of time watching Brian's hands as he plays the piano. Mind blowing. Not to mention Reed's guitar face as he plays the bass! ;):)

Hopefully there will be a good turnout for this. It's not looking too likely that I'll be able to make it, but hopefully some people can post reviews or pics so that I can experience the show vicariously if I can't make it in person.

Peace, Mark

i was excited for this motherfucker but as it turns out we're not going because we're jerks and have other more urgent expenses like food and rent. fuck that shit. food is for jerks and assholes.

Baj, if you can make it out tonight you won't regret it. and if you do regret it, you're ugly.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:D

Can someone recommend a show? I've streamed a couple and didn't really dig 'em..wondering if they're just not my cup o' tea or if I'm hearing bad examples of what they do.

I've got JFJO 2003-04-01 going now, and it's not bad, a bit noodly in places, but still pretty good. It's got Steve Kimock guesting, so it may not be "pure" JFJO, but it's still pretty good (and Kimock is, well, Kimock). d1t04 reminds me a bit of some of The Slip's music.

Aloha,

Brad

d1t04 reminds me a bit of some of The Slip's music.

That's not all that surprising... JFJO and The Slip did a mini-tour of the Midwest in March of 2002, and toured again in April/May of 2003... If you're looking for a good example of these shows try this show.

JFJO/The Slip

2003-04-29

Harper's Ferry

Allston, MA

Disc 1:

1.?

2.Fourth Eye

3.My Friend Nibbles The Squirrel

4.?

5.Improv "Friends Are Fun"

Disc 2:

1.Tonight We Leave Chicago

2.Brian And Andrew Duo Improv

3.?

4.All Blues->

5.Medley Dueling Madness-> #

Disc 3:

1.?

2.Encore:

3.?

4.Outro

Notes:

d1t1-4 are JFJO alone, rest of show is with members of The Slip

# - Includes hints of "Honeymelon", "Don't Tell Me"?, "Great Balls of Fire", "Rhythm A Ning" and others I think...

Can someone recommend a show? I've streamed a couple and didn't really dig 'em..wondering if they're just not my cup o' tea or if I'm hearing bad examples of what they do.

you can borrow Walking with Giants if you like..it comes with a bonus dvd of live stuff

that is if the earth shattering cock-punch is off