Jambands.ca

SAT. NOV. 12 SOULIVE ~el Mocambo~

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color:purple]Of course that's my real name! (I prefer "Mr. Mountain", at the office, of course; but informally "Stone" will suffice.)

I'll be in Ontario from the 9th to the 15th, but only in Toronto from the 12th, as I must visit my Mom out in Muskoka.

I'm hoping to get a lot of you Skancs out to Soulive; as I really only know about a dozen or so of you in person.

I was thinking of posting a thread specifically to get people out and meet them, but now that this thread is up it seems sort of pompous to post another thread saying: "You already know about Soulive. If they're not enough of a draw, c'mon out and meet me."

(Besides, that might actually lower the numbers that get out to that show, and that wouldn't be fair to the band, now, would it?) ;)

Whaddya think? Does it warrant its own thread?

• 2 weeks later...
How come if the trumpet player gets to be electryc the bass player has to be just electric?

I guess I'll find out in November.

Velvet, if you're not yet familiar with the ridiculous trumpet stylings of the Brownman, well, I predict you'll be impressed, to say the least.

I don't know about this show, I'm playing that night, but not too far away. If I get done in time and still have some semblence of sobriety, I'll try and get down there as I'd like to see Soulive.

Jay - coupla' questions for ya:

1) whats the door cost? Is it $12 advance or $12 at the door?

2) will you have tickets on you at the GTB show?

3) Can you gently force Nick Ali to play with Soulive or is that pretty much expected already?

4) Can you ask Franti NOT to say HOW YOU FEELIN' if he plays with Soulive, unless of course we decide to play the HOW YOU FEELIN' drinking game which was a blast at BSC (thanks whoever's suggestion that was)

1) whats the door cost?

$16.50 advance/door

2) will you have tickets on you at the GTB show?

yes, see you there early.. 9PM Rubarbicon film starts. yay GTB on by 10:45

3) Can you gently force Nick Ali to play with Soulive or is that pretty much expected already?

Thats the plan, of course SOULIVE already has a horn section, however Nick's manager when to University with Eric Krasno of Soulive, so we're going to work that connection.

4) Can you ask Franti NOT to say HOW YOU FEELIN' if he plays with Soulive, unless of course we decide to play the HOW YOU FEELIN' drinking game which was a blast at BSC (thanks whoever's suggestion that was)

I will ask him instead to say "HOW YA DOING, EH!" It's just more Canadian. For each how ya doing, eh you will take a chug of beer and slap the person next to you's ass.

I will ask him instead to say "HOW YA DOING, EH!" It's just more Canadian. For each how ya doing, eh you will take a chug of beer and slap the person next to you's ass.

Wouldn't "How's it goin', eh?" be more appropriate? Those who are wearing toques, and/or eating backbacon, while it's said get to take two drinks.

Aloha,

Brad