Jambands.ca

SAT. NOV. 12 SOULIVE ~el Mocambo~

Jay Funk Dawg

Cool, thanks jay, although I had no clue Soulive was playing with a horn section now. When did that start? (I've seen them twice, Toronto and Washington DC and no horns with those shows...)

and good idea with the new and improved Canadian version of the HOW YOU FEELIN' Franti drinking game. If any of you havn't had the chance I highly recommend it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks jay, although I had no clue Soulive was playing with a horn section now. When did that start? (I've seen them twice, Toronto and Washington DC and no horns with those shows...)

I remember seeing them open for moe. opening for Phil in Toronto in July, 2002, and they had a tenor sax player.

Aloha,

Brad

Wouldn't "How's it goin', eh?" be more appropriate? Those who are wearing togues, and/or eating backbacon, while it's said get to take two drinks.

At the last Ottawa show, when the show was rained out at the Bluesfest, I got backstage and spoke with Travis of SCI and Carl Young (my hero), the instructed me to go the Babylon for the surprise substitute gig. So instead of going to the GTB/BNB afterparty, I headed to Bank St. and I helped Spearhead tech get the stage ready, put Carl Young's Bass on stage, and just before their set, i got on stage to give a big How Ya Feelin' to rouse the crowd... I tell you it was a good feeling! Driving back to a party after the show, we spotted Franti on Bank St. and we openned all the windows and shouted the now famous line back at him, and much to our amazement he smilled back and gave us the peace sign. He's pushing the good vibes and from my standpoint I'm all about it!

As of this past weekend, I think I can give you guys something to look for to spot me.

In celebration of the opening of Whistler Blackcomb this weekend, I am now wearing a wrist/thumb brace on my left hand; that I expect I will be wearing at Soulive (or at least my physio-girlfriend/financee tells me I'll be wearing it).

Look for the disabled guy (standing next to another Skanc, who'll be "in disguise").

I'm confused with the Franti/Soulive aspect of this thread...someone explain. Two seperate things correct. I have tix to Franti and plan to early out and head over the the ElmO as I am only interested in the documentary not so much the solo show (we'll see).

Oh and for all you crazies I had the pleasure of spending last Saturday night with - I cannot have a repeat SATURDAY NIGHT RAGER ok - I can't!!!!