Jambands.ca

why doesn't SoOn have an evolve?

This year's (Labour Day) CTMF was a C- at best. I had fun around the campfires, but the music was disappointing, that's all I was sayin'.

Granted, the turnout was way lower in September than in May, which was a cause for much, well, something or other. Just got me thinking about how the Canada Day nixing of Izzy's was probably well=advised.

I keep thinking about just how ridiculously big Ontario is on a map, compared with other states, territories, or even countriers. No wonder it's hard getting people out. I'm not sure it makes sense, statistically, geographically, or however, to insist on a gathering that has to comprise Ontarians/Central Canadians. There just aren't enough of us. Can we not be among the peoples of the world who enjoy relatively low-key festivals, or just give up and travel to major centres where these go on? For my part, I just like intimate (though granted, not too intimate).

this is what makes me do other things instead of going to CTMFs

-the ODing kids. come on, grow up, if you cant handle your stuff, dont do it. we watched a girl puke up her drugs, almost choke on it before said wook remembered that simpsons episode and rolled her on her side.

- the local shwill. DEFINITLY number 1 on my list, those stupid girls that crashed our site may24, and started burning picnic tables with their eminem loving boyfriends.

- the BAD timeslots, i know youve gotta fit everyone in somewhere, but weezy is right, youll get 2 or 3 sweet bands building momentum playing killer sets after each other, then they stick in some shwillyass band that wouldnt get booked at many bars in hamilton. probably because they know the right ppl, but it realllly kills the buzz.

- the bad band choices. not gonna pinpoint any bands as many members are on here and i dont wanna go stomping toes.

- the "headier-then-thou elitists" Granted they are at every show, but they still tick me off.

ill stop now before i get banned or flamed too badly