Jambands.ca

You know you're spending too much time on the Skank when...

TheGoodRev

So, BradM, we've never met in person, but that didn't stop you - or a caricature of you, at least - from making an appearance in a dream I had last night.

I had rented some sort of townhouse, like a ski chalet or somewhere hot or something, I don't know. When my week or whatever was up, three people came to the door (presumably the new tenants). One was a woman who is a real estate agent at the office I worked at last year. She was with a woman who I didn't recognize, who she said was her cousin. They went off to unpack. I was packing up my stuff and I heard the door open and shut. As I was on my way out, I see none other than BradM (or again, some caricature thereof) reading the paper at the kitchen table. "Hey man!" I say. "Enjoy the place!". "Have fun on Friday," you said, without looking up from your paper. So I left.

In the dream I had no idea what you were talking about; I couldn't think of what was going on on Friday. Now, though, I remember that the Spades and the Golden Dogs will be playing at the Pepper Jack, so maybe that's what you were telling me to enjoy. In any event, I suppose it's to your credit that your personality comes through your posts to such a degree that my brain thinks that I know you.

And now, I will go write a Sociology midterm.

See, that's weird, because that's not necessarily a show I'd do a roll-call for. If someone started a topic about the show (which has me drooling with envy, by the way), I'd chime in, and ask if someone could tape it, but how I (or some caricature of me) ended up in a dream of a guy I've never met hyping a show I can't attend, well, that has me somewhat intrigued.

Aloha,

BRAD (Been Residing in Arbitrary Dreams)

Don't worry about it Rev! Dreams are very complex personal things. Alot of times in dreams people you see may not be what they represent to your sub-concious. Also BradM should feel privlidged to be so well liked he is now showing up in fellow skanks dreams!!

I had an odd dream last night too...details are very sketchy at best...we were at some festival--about to go in to see the show, gentlemonkey was handling the tickets but we couldn't go in yet cuz not everyone was there yet...I was a beautiful sunny summer's day...anyways, I was talking to someone, "I hope the weather is just as good tomorrow" only to find out the next day that it had snowed and we were going toboganning...and I was pissed cuz I couldn't wear my sandals....and forgot my scarf.

But many of the skanks were in it...including Bradm

Did you get a receipt for the donut, Kev?

One was a woman who is a real estate agent at the office I worked at last year. She was with a woman who I didn't recognize, who she said was her cousin....none other than BradM (or again, some caricature thereof) reading the paper at the kitchen table.

I just find it funny that Brad was about to spend a week in a townhouse with two middle-aged women (cousins, no less!). He wasn't too excited about it, though; couldn't take his eyes off that paper. This is all in my dream, of course.