Jambands.ca

Countdown to Utica??

gentlemonkey

As his homepage’s clock continues to click, fans are eagerly anticipating---and certainly debating---what special theatrics are in store for Trey Anastasio’s Utica performance tonight. Mike Gordon has also joined in the fun, leaving a Wayne and Garth style message on his hotline with the help of one Mr. Jon Fishman. In the meantime, Anastasio has confirmed an appearances on Late Night With Conan O’Brien November 17th and on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson December 12. Tonight, Late Night With David Letterman will also air the appearance Anastasio taped earlier this week with 70 Volt Parade.

Trey opened the gig with Mr Completely and they had a balloon drop. For those that dont know, the last time Trey was in Utica at the Stanley Theater (I think that is what it was called), during Mr Completely the balcony was literally bouncing up and down causing plaster from underneath the come down. We could see people from the side of the stage trying to get Trey's attention. As soon as the song ended they ran onstage to talk to Trey. He said something like "Management is concerned about the stability of the building so we have to play acoustic from now on"

You can download it and the Pebbles and Marbles solo encore from trey.com

11/11/05 utica

mr completely w/ balloon drop

spin

drifting

darn and down

night speaks

shine

money love and change

push on til the day

come as meoldy

access me w/ mike

divided sky w/ mike and fishman on cymbals

gbor w/ mike

heavy things w/ mike

bathtub gin / mike

ghost w/ mike

boogie on reggae women w/mike and fishman (electric)

oh goodie.

Trey is doing those songs he didn't want to play anymore. With those guys he didn't want to play with anymore.

I hope his solo career doesn't get "too big". Then he can tour with Sharon Lois & Bram and maybe have Les Hall and Skeeto sit in on an acoustic "Shine".

Countdown to complete irrelevance.......

Trey is doing those songs he didn't want to play anymore.

I absolutely LOVE these sorts of quotes from fans that assume more than they should. Please, let us know when he said he didnt want to do 'these' songs? Which songs? All of the Phish catalog? While I am not impressed thus far with his new direction, I am certainly not going to say he shouldnt be doing songs he wrote just because Phish isnt playing. That would be obtuse.

What you are getting at MarcO is a quote from Trey when said something along the lines of feeling all this pressure to do songs from way back that just arent practiced anymore. Dont take it for more than it really was and stop letting the whiners on Phantasy Tour form your opinion.

Guest Low Roller

C'mon. A Phish reunion is inevitable at this point. Trey plays with Page one night, and then with Gordon and Fishman the next? All the signs are there...

Just do it...

do it...

Don't make Booche beg.

Trey is doing those songs he didn't want to play anymore.

I absolutely LOVE these sorts of quotes from fans that assume more than they should. Please' date=' let us know when he said he didnt want to do 'these' songs? Which songs? All of the Phish catalog? While I am not impressed thus far with his new direction, I am certainly not going to say he shouldnt be doing songs he wrote just because Phish isnt playing. That would be obtuse.

What you are getting at MarcO is a quote from Trey when said something along the lines of feeling all this pressure to do songs from way back that just arent practiced anymore. Dont take it for more than it really was and stop letting the whiners on Phantasy Tour form your opinion.

[/quote']

You know what's obtuse? You're obtuse. Obtuser.

For someone who suggests not making too many assumptions, you sure made a few in your posts as to how I form my opinions.

Enjoy your acoustic nostalgia act, old man.

"I'd like to revisit that stuff one more time but I just can't play that shit anymore. If that makes somebody angry, I'm sorry. I gotta do something new. I cannot spend my entire life going around the country playing 'You Enjoy Myself." - Trey Anastasio June 2004

your telling me, and everyone else here..

you DONT like the acoustic stuff?

to each their own..

"I'd like to revisit that stuff one more time but I just can't play that shit anymore. If that makes somebody angry, I'm sorry. I gotta do something new. I cannot spend my entire life going around the country playing 'You Enjoy Myself." - Trey Anastasio June 2004

im not sure on this.. but when was the last time he played Mcgrupp? or catapult??

years ago..

i am excited at the posibility of ANOTHER reunion.

but as i said befor..

i will keep going to see him until he drops trow and squeezes a cleveland steamer out..

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
That last post was mine.

You don't say? [color:purple]And for a second there I thought that Douglas was an old crusty bitter phishhead, upset that her second favorite band is teasing fans with a potential reunion.

Wag that carrot Trey, and the lemmings will follow. ;)

your telling me, and everyone else here..

you DONT like the acoustic stuff?

to each their own..

that's right.

why on earth would I want to hear an acoustic McGrupp????

I simply would have a lot more respect and understanding for Trey if he really did have the balls to walk away from the whole Phish thing. But he doesn't.

When's the next "countdown" to an acoustic version of McGrupp? [color:purple]I'm tingling!