Jambands.ca

John Henrys/ Spades- DEC 10 MAVERICKS

gentlemonkey

45.414239 N

-75.696827 W

Hold on' date=' I operate on UTM coordinates. If others do as well, here ya go. :)

445476.5658 , 5029204.9180 (Zone 18)

Work meets internet in a strange way.

AD[/quote']

OK now seriously we gotta be careful here --- depending on the datum and projection you're using you could end up in a crackhouse or copshop. this is not a neighbourhood you wanna be fooling around with.

(AD you checked out geocoder to get coordinates in decimal degrees? good times...)

Booche, Douglas, are you two going to be at this?

Not me, anyways. As much as I want to go, I blew my proverbial load in Albany and now my back is out. All the money I had ended up going towards a dr's necessities that are easy to swallow.

It's nice to know that you are thinking of us Brad!

000236_sm.jpg

no those aren't decimal degrees, they're in meters... (I was using WGS84 as the datum; I assumed that's what you were using)

Sorry to hijack. My apologies if anyone ends up in a crackhouse. By accident.

AD

mine were decimal degrees - from the geocoder website. i work in albers nad83 these days - i didn't check the metadata on geocoder though. it's when you threw out the utm that i realised some lost geogeek might get into some trouble.

SO when I get to the middle of the south side of Maclaren what, I just start screaming?

no, you find the closest building with an apartment #4 and join the party. buzz to get buzzed dontchaknow ;)

i wonder how many lurkers with geography skills and/or handheld gps units are gonna show up just for the challenge?! :crazy:

WoW! The Spades were a lot of fun.

(Considering the last time i saw them I hardly remember as i was full of brown booze and fighting words)

I was happy to find out I could safely dance with my new "ducky hand" (as I like to refer to her).

(Dr. J it was really nice to meet you - thanks for introducing yourself)

Being in Mavericks got me excited for New Years!

That was the best Spades show I've ever seen.

James McKenty And The Spades

2005-12-10

Mavericks, Ottawa, ON

Protester

Mafia Sting

Pirate Radio

Please Stand By (This Is A Test)

Preservatives

Joints & Cigarettes

Tapes No-one Should Hear

Words[1]

E.S.P.

Johnny Cash

Restless Soul

Subterranean Homesick Blues[2]

Poor House[3]

Bustin' Off An Easy One

49 Tons Of Diesel Locomotive[4]

Burning On Fumes

Gorilla Thought >

Born Under A Bad Sign[5] >

Gorilla Thought

Spider Brigade

Rising Sons

Harder Than Simple >

I Like To Burn Things

[1] Neil Young cover.

[2] Bob Dylan cover.

[3] Traveling Wilburys cover.

[4] Fred Eaglesmith cover.

[5] Albert King cover.

Aloha,

Brad

(Dr. J it was really nice to meet you - thanks for introducing yourself)

Nice to meet you as well, Sunshine. I'm sure there were many forum folk there that i didn't recognize, but I realized who you were because of the "ducky hand." Take care of that hand btw. Sounds like the healing process will be a long one, but you'll want to do it right.

Nice to meet gentlemonkey as well. Always look forward to his posts. Nice to meet Stapes again. Said he couldn't recall our first meeting, but was kind enough to point out that that was probably due to his lack of memory rather than my lack of personality.

Always great to chat with Meggo, Phorbesie and Snelly and everyone. Thanks to Mooose and Velvet and Bradm for helping bring this show together. As predicted, The John Henrys were an absolute kickass musical outfit. Fantastic musicians and great band chemistry. I really hope these two bands hook up again in the not too distant future! When they do hopefully i'll get an opportunity to meet even more folks. Maybe even the bouche/booche bros.