Jambands.ca

JEMP (phish) tour again ?

Baj

I think it bears mentioning that the dates at MSG aren't booked, but a hold has been put on them, meaning that Phish/JEMP has "first dibs," but if another band wants to book the venue for those dates, Phish would need to book it officially or give it up.

As for a potential return (regardless of whether or not the recent rumours are true), I think that for the four guys in the band, things had spun so completely out of control with drugs and hangers on (over three thousand people backstage at Coventry) that the only answer for them was to cut it off right then and just get out, without thinking about a potential reunion. I really don't think when they made the decision that they were thinking "Yeah, we can get back together in a couple of years." With that said, perhaps a chance to sober up a bit and escape the scene, while making music they (Trey) want to outside of the Phish microscope (at least partially) was what they needed to unwind, and with that done they can happily get back together.

Personally, I was a late joiner and only attended a handful of shows before it ended, so I would love to see them back together if it can work for the four of them.