Jambands.ca

Team Canada

AD

Come on Ball, holy fuck. If the team was full of a bunch of you's, the game would have been forfeited by your boys. You would have taken your sticks and gone home, whining the entire time.

If it happened to Canada, you would be crying wolf right now. Hell, you pretty much are.

Not to take away anything from our boys because that is a team to be proud of, but lets get some perspective here. That was some MAJOR wind taken out of the Russian sails.

So what you are saying is that the Russians deserved to win a game they lost 5-0. I guess you bought into the Russian arrogance: " We'll win easily " ( Malkin ). Sutter said that his coaching philosophy wouldn't have changed if the goal was allowed. He was going to have the team play the same style. But, what does Sutter know?

Malkin was invisible. Their goalie sucked. Talk about a team that quit early.

Edited by Guest

So what you are saying is that the Russians deserved to win a game

I am not saying that at all you putz. Also, make sure you quote Malkin in the proper context. He said that they would win "easily" IF they played their game. Personally, I loved that confidence.

Its time you faced some facts about your life:

ritalin.jpg

I know this is a day late and a dollar short but , the only reason the non goal was an issue at all was because a replay office phoned down several minutes later to inform a goal was missed. The fact is that noone in the building knew a goal had been scored (including the Russians). What was more deflating, the none goal or being informed well after the fact that, "oh yeah by the way looks like you may have scored a goal earlier in the game that we missed. Cheers" ?

Canada won because after the 15 min mark they simply dominated and intimated the Russians and the Russians had a shitty goal tender who obviously could not deal with the pressure of the game.

I know you're just re-hashing the media spin on this, but can somebody please explain to me how the Vancouver fans were a "disgrace"? By booing the US kids?? Well boofuckinghoo, it's called a rivalry. You pay money for tickets and you can cheer or jeer as you please. Cry me a river.

Steve Downie may be an asshole, but he was the lifeblood of the Canadian team. Incredible effort every shift he was on the ice.

I know you're just re-hashing the media spin on this, but can somebody please explain to me how the Vancouver fans were a "disgrace"? By booing the US kids?? Well boofuckinghoo, it's called a rivalry. You pay money for tickets and you can cheer or jeer as you please. Cry me a river.

Steve Downie may be an asshole, but he was the lifeblood of the Canadian team. Incredible effort every shift he was on the ice.

First of all, the media was all over this the next day, so saying anything at all about it would be re-hashing SOME sort of media spin. Secondly, this entire "Rich Stadium" is basically a re-hashing of media spin, so lets be realistic here.

But, you asked for it, so heres my river:

If ya wanna say it was just for fun and a rivalry, thats cool, and Id probably agree with you if was any other Canadian city.

In this context, however, I think it's lame, and more of a reflection on Vancourites than anything. (These are the same people that started a riot after they lost the cup. No reason, just, they were pissed off. They also rioted when GNR didnt show up for a show in 2001). I can understand booing the Johnson kid for what he did, but shit, the entire team? It just came off as ignorance. I saw a buch of assholes who didnt appreciate that, by and large, these are kids, but more importantly, sportsmanship. What ever happened to sportsmanship? How does it look for us as a country? How come there are so many other rivals out there that arent faced with this problem? And dont the fans in Vancouver realise how f'ing good we are that when we boo it just maks us look like jerks? And isnt there more to be said for a crowd that CHEERS really loud for their team/anthem rather than booing really loud for the opponent? Boo your own team if they play like shite, but leave the visitors alone. Thats my spin on it anyway. I agree with you on Downie though.

Booing a national anthem is one thing, but booing a team and chanting "over rated" is totally different. It's not like they were throwing urine and feces at them (which happens to our national soccer team when we travel to places like Equador).

I will concede that it was slightly arrogant of the fans, seeing that we (Canada) "own" hockey the way we do. But as I said, too each his own, cheer or jeer as you please.