Jambands.ca

Emotional Wrestling Fan...

gentlemonkey

I was watching wrestling with a few friends about 10 years ago I guess. We were in our early 20's. There was a bunch of us sitting around the living room just killing time. At this point we all knew it was fake except one guy.

The week previously Yokuzuna a giant Sumo wrestler had kicked the crap out of Hacksaw Jim Dugan. He kept body slamming him and according to the reports Hacksaw had sustained serious internal injuries.

On the episode we were watching they brought out Hacksaws wife or pretend wife, who knows. She was crying and going on about the internal injuries.

At this moment a few of us noticed one of the guys starting to tear up. We let it go but eventually had to say something.

We started on him about how it was fake and everything was OK and that he was a big nerd.

He looked us straight in the face, wiped his tears and said...

"You can't fake internal injuries"

He just didn't get it.

We got such a good laugh out of it and he kept weeping and had to leave the room.

I don't know where he is now but I always wonder if he still believes.

Ollie, is that you?

Pathetic disclosure: I wouldn't admit that wrestling was a work until about the ninth grade. I'm sure deep down I knew but I was adamant in my defiance until that 20/20 piece came out and my whole world came falling to pieces.

Now I think almost everything's a work.

GM, next time Badams is down visiting, you have got to come over. He has got a ton of hilarious stories and I have always envisioned you roaring at them. I can listen to them time and time again.

Didnt Dino used to bang a rolled-up carpet? Or was that the Fink?

;)

That was Dino

The week previously Yokuzuna a giant Sumo wrestler had kicked the crap out of Hacksaw Jim Dugan. He kept body slamming him and according to the reports Hacksaw had sustained serious internal injuries.

On the episode we were watching they brought out Hacksaws wife or pretend wife, who knows. She was crying and going on about the internal injuries.

Dude, I REMEMBER all that shit happening! Yokozuna took a bucket of salt and threw it in Hacksaw's eyes. I remember it being a ridiculously long and drawn out match, ending with Hacksaw practically unconscious on the canvas and Yokozuna climbing the buckle, screaming "Bonzaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii", jumping off and just fuckin flattening the guy. And I vividly remember Hacksaw's wife the next week. Wasn't she pregnant or something? Maybe had a young kid?

Keep in mind that I was approximately 10 years old at the time. I don't remember exactly when I figured out that wrestling was fake, but it's been a loooooooong time.

thanks lurker,

Its great wathcing those 24 INCH PYTHONS Run wild on the landmarks of the United States rocking out all the while..

Is it wrong to think that song is really good? I mean, if you were tasked to write a theme song for Hulk Hogan, how could you come up with anything better? It's perfect.