Jambands.ca

Gin and Juice

MoMack

Actually, I'm not sure. I thought SCI also did it, but I can't remember when. I just did a quick search, and I think you're right that they haven't played it.

I think I may have fallen prey to that same mislabelling problem. I think I had a copy of Gin and Juice in .mp3 allegedly by SCI, but I'll bet that one was also The Gourds.

Actually, I'm not sure. I thought SCI also did it, but I can't remember when. I just did a quick search, and I think you're right that they haven't played it.

I think I may have fallen prey to that same mislabelling problem. I think I had a copy of Gin and Juice in .mp3 allegedly by SCI, but I'll bet that one was also The Gourds.

That's probably what happened. I've seen that same mp3 labeled as being by each of Phish, SCI, The Gourds, Barenaked Ladies and Ween, just to name the ones off the top of my head.

It's the Gourds.

They have a video in their yahoo group of Snoop checking out their take on it. They also used to have the story behind the mix up on their website but I don't see it there anymore. Being labeled as Phish back in the early napster/kazaa days is sorta what brought them into the light of the jam scene. Although, not a jamband.

Sadly, I hear thats all people ever scream for at their shows, making for a very annoying time if you are actually into their music beyond the amazing covers they do. 'Gin & Juice' being probally their most popular, but certianly not their best, they do alot of great covers & very well at that. 'I'm going down' (Springsteen) is probally my favourite.