Jambands.ca

Who in 2006

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Pete and Roger delayed the tour because of the prior commitments of Zak Starkey with Oasis and Paulo Palladino being a member of the new John Mayer Trio ( whom are suprisingly good ).

Regardless, this ain't no real Who, but if you love Townshend's guitar, then seeing them live will be worth it, especially if you have yet to witness Pete's power firsthand.

Pete and Roger delayed the tour because of the prior commitments of Zak Starkey with Oasis and Paulo Palladino being a member of the new John Mayer Trio ( whom are suprisingly good ).

Regardless, this ain't no real Who, but if you love Townshend's guitar, then seeing them live will be worth it, especially if you have yet to witness Pete's power firsthand.

So Jaimoe, does that mean you won't be going to the Who (or whatever you want to call them) in 2006 if they come to Toronto?

I've seen Roger and Pete four times with the late great John Entwistle and once with Pino Palladino (who's Paulo?). Though I missed John at the last Who concert, it was still a fantastic show.

If the Who come around to close another North American Tour in Toronto I'll likely be in attendance.

Tim

So Jaimoe, does that mean you won't be going to the Who (or whatever you want to call them) in 2006 if they come to Toronto?

Tim

I doubt I'll go. I've seen Pete solo once in '92 at Massey Hall, which is still my #1 concert of all time. I've seen The Who in '89 and Roger & Pete in '03. I've even seen The Ox solo once.

Unless someone does a lot of persuading, I won't be going... although I was persuaded to go back in '03, and Pete stole the show. His evolution as a guitarist is astonishing.

Interesting very interesting.

It's not my job to persuade you to go to any concert, so I won't put too much effort forth on that particular subject.

Though I will say this. If you love Pete Townshend as much as I know you do, wouldn't you want to see him when an opportunity becomes available?

I hope you do go to the Who if they come to Toronto and then we can reminisce about the gig after it is over.

Happy New Year,

Tim

I signed on to the Who's website (what's with all the procedure, anyway? Just gimme the damn dates!), and am waiting for further info. For me, on top of the price of tix (which is bound to be considerable), the driving distance would likely be what would be the dealbreaker. I suspect Toronto wouldn't be in the works, at any rate.

I hear you, Jaimoe, about Townshend's evolution as a musician. Maybe this loss of hearing thing has its benefits, in a backwards sort of way (I have to hope :P ).