Jambands.ca

:::... Mark Wilson & Caution Jam - January 14th @ The Brig ...:::

\/\/illy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the highlight of the evening. Nothing like watching Esau take a 30 min nap in the middle of a show.

I'm still fucked up over that. I feel like throwing my tye dye in & calling it quits.

Shoot him! He's armed with a white flag!

NOTE: My "nodding off" had nothing to do with the music.

What a night. It took me the entire day and night yesterday to recover from that one. When I woke up at 11am on Sunday, I was still so drunk that I was seeing double. That's never a good sign.

The bands were GREAT! Mark Wilson & The Way It Is are one of the most under-appreciated bands in this scene. They never cease to make me say, "wow, this is great."

Caution Jam tore the roof off the place. I can't recall a single song they played but my calf muscles are still burning from dancing (and bouncing) around the room all night. Mark C. said that it was the best performance the band has put on in the last two years. He exclaimed, "We were turning on a dime!"

We didn't make it back to the hotel for the after-party but I understand that Mike's room was the place to be and that good times were had by all until the hotel ejected anyone that couldn't produce a room key.

We opted for a return to fretman's place for some snacks and thought collection. I repeatedly found myself passing out on the floor and had to put myself down. Boy did I hurt yesterday.

Thanks to Fretman for the awesome accomodations, Mark and Mark for the tremendous music, and everyone else that was there for creating such a great atmosphere for having a good time. :D

Mike recorded the show - i'm really looking forward to listening

Did he just grab a feed off the board or did he throw a couple of mics up? From what I recall, everything wasn't being run through the board (bass for example). (NOTE: Both Joel and Les played through both the bass stacks in stereo - VERY COOL.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearding the show too. What do you say Mike; got the time to get this show out to us? (I know how much work it is.)

it took me until today to recover from the weekend. this weekend kicked ass! friday i got to go to dover on a harley during the day, caught the mark and mark show in toronto that night, worked saturday, caught the mark and mark show saturday night,worked sunday, went to bed at eight oclock sunday night and finally woke up at 11 monday morning. both shows kicked ass, great tunes, great vibes. we all know both of these bands are top rate, they are both still evolving and developing new sounds and material and it's always worth the effort to go to these shows. they are staples of the southern ontario musical diet.

Hands down the best Bday bash weekend I've ever had in my 38 years.. 72 hours of partying with only 6 hours of naptime.. both nights were fantastic to me on and off the stage.. And I keep remembering that line from Barfly...

"All i need is a little fuel..yeah, fuel"

Thanks you so much my friends!!!!