Jambands.ca

Kae Sun - (Shain's Band) - CD Release Jan 12 in Hamilton

shainhouse

Adam,

Call me and lemme know and I'll throw your name down at the door so you pay the advance price, not the door price. Call my cell.

Corey-

Yup, should be available by next week at every HMV across Canada. Out west is in the cards but long down the line.

Edited by Guest

that was some good fun, shain.

your bands got some good things going for it.

the mix seemed a bit odd at times, but that coulda been my sidestage positioning. i could have used a bit more hiphop and a little less frantiesque groove at times, but hey, these are small, petty complaints.

well done.

amy/alexis/cully - nice to see you all, hamilton doesnt happen nearly enough for my liking.

:)

yeah' date=' havent really been myself too much lately, amy, brain wont stop thinking about things, so drifting off into my own world too much.

see you at keller?

bss?

[/quote']

:(

fear not, sweet carrie, sun'll shine again.

your blue emoticon, juxtaposed with your avatar, makes me laugh a whole bunch.

btw, forgot to discuss your BSS tix. assuming margarets dealings work out we would need your extra saturday.

is still possible?

thanks.

Edited by Guest

Good times. Who knew Hamilton actually had a hip-hop scene? Is that closed-minded of me to say?

Everything I saw up there was great, Shain. Dave is right, the mix was muddy on and off, I could have used way more snare, and I was facing the stage head-on. I think that's just my music nerdiness though, the crowd didn't seem to notice, they just kept on groovin. Good times!

I wish I could control the sound of the room. I barely head myself, to be honest. I saw people groovin and to be honest, we were in shock of the sold-out style crowd. I had a blast, people seemed to really enjoy the show and we proved that hamilton does in fact have a great hip-hop scene...

J-Live Jan 29 @ PJC for example!

Nice work Shainster! Always lovely to rock it out with the sweet, sweet Josie-pie... even cooler when we've got greenroom access and it's you laying down the beats; cheers! My only complaint is the way some of the songs begin... isn't there some way to launch into a sampled track more smoothly? As it happened last night, it felt very inorganic to me; like the dude was setting up for a karaoke number or something. Could just be my four-piece, power-chord background talking... i just can't help but think there must be a sleeker way to incorporate the samples. Otherwise, there were some pretty sweet and funky off-beats happening Shain and I'm pretty sure I heard cowbell in there as well. You ROCK!

Hmm.... sweet and funky; kinda like the Indica I was puffing on last week ;)

good job shain. your act was by far the best of the night. the MC, not to be confused with emcee was cool too. that crowd totally blew me away, the size, and the make up of it. definitely an entertaining night.

and umm....it might be a good idea to check those ID's a little closer whitey! i smelled some under age girls in the hizouse!

p.s. HOLY FACK margaret! that avatar is the best one i've EVER seen, EVER!!!

I wish I could control the sound of the room. I barely head myself, to be honest.

Nobody can control the sound of that room - it pretty much always sounds like shit.

And barely heading yourself is actually quite impressive, Shain. Most guys can't make it at all. A few more months' practice, and you'll never need to leave home again. See if you can give Lazlo some insight - I bet he'd appreciate it.