Jambands.ca

iPod Phishing : LivePhish.com to offer video downloads

dave-O

[blurb]

Killer 20 minute track available for FREE

From www.phish.com

We are thrilled to be the first band to deliver video clips of our live shows directly to fans at LivePhish.com, the band’s music download channel, which was also first to deliver lossless, uncut live concerts. The first video released on LivePhish.com is from Phish's legendary 1995 New Year’s Eve concert at Madison Square Garden[/blurb], recently released as a 3-CD set by JEMP Records/Rhino Records and online through LivePhish.com.

To celebrate the launch of the video download service and the release of their New Year’s Eve 1995 concert, Phish is offering a New Year’s gift in the form of a free video download of their New Year’s countdown complete with their Gamehendge Time Phactory, the traditional “Auld Lang Syne†and a jaw-dropping rendition of the band’s classic “Weekapaug Groove.†The free download will be available from LivePhish.com until January 15. Live Phish Videos are offered song by song for $1.99 each and are compatible with Apple’s popular iPod video player as well as all PC and Mac video players.

To ensure playback across PCs and portable devices, Live Phish Videos are encoded in industry-standard MPEG-4 and do not use any digital rights management schemes. The videos will play on any player that supports MPEG-4. On a Mac or Windows PC, Live Phish Videos will play in Apple’s iTunes and Quicktime players, Windows Media Player, or Real Player, as well as virtually all third party video players. Users can freely transfer videos onto popular portable video players, including Apple’s video iPod and the Creative Zen Vision.

I'm downloading the free one and it's about 142 megs. This should be a fun thing to have on the video iPod!

That's a really brilliant plan by Phish to get on that. It's GREAT timing.

Apple is offering more and more on iTunes by way of video, and Google is going to announce something BIG related to video download's tomorrow.

I just wish I could download some of these TV shows on iTunes. They have the US version of the Office and I've heard that it's gotten really good. The output from the iPod Vid to TV's is apparantly way better than you'd expect. It's probably just as good as when I send vid from the laptop there.