Jambands.ca

Pat Robertson in the news again

peipunk

If I didn't have to go to work right now I'd probably spend the rest of the morning blathering on and on about how revolting the evangelical/conservative Jewish axis is - so much reach-arounding they should just get themselves a room. Maybe Robertson's comments have finally brought that out in relief for all involved.

when i got out of bed this morning, i heard a very subtle whooshing sound that i couldn't identify.

now i realize that it was the sounds of millions of jaws dropping in shock as word spread about mr robertson's latest dumbass comment.

how is it that he is able to continually spout this sort of nonsense?? he must have handlers somewhere...they need to step up and duct tape his mouth shut for a while...

arrr.

Guest Low Roller

God doesn't smite. I don't believe that God is some sort of vengeful entity. That persona is a creation of twisted people like Pat Robertson to control the people through fear (see: Bush, George W.)

That being said, Pat Robertson's hate peddling will come back to haunt him. Karma is a bitch.

His show is called the 700 Club because that's the combined IQ of all his viewers.

• 2 weeks later...

I love when these characters make their "retractions".

"My concern for the future safety of your nation led me to make remarks which I can now view in retrospect as inappropriate and insensitive in light of a national grief experienced because of your father's illness," said Mr Robertson's letter.

Not that he didn't believe what he'd said, just that his timing was a little off.

The only way in which Robertson and his lot "support" Israel - and this is how their argument actually goes - is by doing what they can to keep out any more Arabs (along with getting rid of that mosque up the hill so the third temple can be built) and secure some territorial integrity for the Christian state they want it to become, after all the Jews convert, piss off, or die. Jews for them are no more than means to their own end, and not meant to exist per se once those ends have been satisfied (i.e. setting the narrative stage for the Second Coming). It's the same kind of logic that went into the Edict of Expulsion in Spain in 1492, and the Spanish Inquisition (etc., etc.). And they wonder why some people get a bit touchy about it - and they wonder why there's all this rhetoric floating out there in Jihad-land about Israel being an American front for taking over the Middle East, when tools like Robertson poot off like they do for the world to hear.

I am glad he didn't get his park - that would have been just too surreal. The theme park contract is still up for grabs, though. Any skanks want to get in on the bidding (hmm, what would that look like :) ? Apoca-jamland!